First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Help with two Windows folders
Jorge, the file you deleted was the one your computer was using to boot into. I've been researching a very similar issue all morning. i have two windows folders, one simply labeled "windows", the other labeled "windows.0". this happened when the windows OS was being installed. most likely the installation wa... 16 Feb 2010 18:24
missing two r/w cd hardware devices that were pre assigned ear
I have this problem also after uninstalling game software. In Device manager, it show DVD/CD-ROM and under that Multimedia Audio controller with an exclamation point by both. But when I update the driver, it installs drivers for SoundMax digital audio and places Multimedia Audio Controller in Sound devices... 20 Feb 2010 08:02
bluetooth dog gone
I have an Acer Aspire One netbook with XP and service pack 3 installed. I am trying to install a mouse (Labtec wireless optical mouse plus). Labtec info says: This product does not require any software. Please use the operating system's native device drivers. I suppose the mouse needs bluetooth. I click Start... 28 Feb 2010 15:37
Installing XP home on a Toshiba A150 S2194 Laptop.
Installing XP home on a Toshiba A150 S2194 Laptop. I usually use either a DELL or eMachine Corp Enterprise XP Home CD, install and reboot then register with MS online / Validate / Call Telephone / Change the 25 keys and UPDATE. Reboot and the Validate with the legal 25 key sticker on the Laptop case. But t... 16 Feb 2010 18:24
Safely Remove Hardware not working properly after trojan restore
I keep an identical hard drive to my C: drive in an external tray, and once a week do a CLONE of the C drive to restore computer after malware, and it has saved me at least 4 times in the past. I use Acronis backup, which has always worked perfectly for me before. I had to do a system restore using the clone dis... 14 Feb 2010 10:41
Web site not opening up for me! Very frustrating!
Hello. For some reason or another, I can't for the life of me bring up a specific website.... http://www.justbeenpaid.com/member/login I can open the website from my computer at work but for some reason, I can't open it from my home computer. It's the strangest thing. I can click on a million different onli... 13 Feb 2010 12:41
Backup to external hard drive?
I'm looking for software to backup my XP/3 HD to an external HD. My apps, including MS Ntbackup, only backup to CDs or DVDs. Any ideas? Thank you. Peter. ... 13 Feb 2010 12:41
Microsoft updates
I have an icon in the ?tray (bottom right of screen) showing me "updates are ready for your computer". They are "Security update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 KB976881" and "Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Junk Email Filter KB977713". Neither Microsoft PowerPoint nor Microsoft Outlook are installed... 10 Feb 2010 16:51
Computer died?
I have a desktop/tower on XP/3. It has been functioning normally up to this morning. Working with Quicken I received an error message so I attempted to power down. Then I attempted to reboot but then I had the problem. When I switched to 'On' the hard drive light and fan activated but then I received a a ser... 12 Feb 2010 22:28
PC not starting...
Hi, I have shut down my notebook (Compaq mini 110) using the on/off switch as it was frozen on welcome screen. On starting it gave the following error message : Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system\config\system You can attempt to repair this file by ... 8 Feb 2010 15:42
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last