First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Help with two Windows folders
To make a long story short, by a mistake there are two windows folders: Windows and Windows_0.. It Because of that, whenever I boot the computer, the following notice is seen on the screen: Please select the operating system to start Microsoft Windows XP Pro Microsoft Windows XP Pro Use the up and do... 3 Jan 2010 22:42
Software Uninstall Problem
I asked this before but cannot find it posted. I have a gift ACER netbook with limited speed/memory. I improved it to thepoint it satisfies my travel needs by deletingunused/unneeded programs. I am unable to remove a preinstalled Office and Student program. I get an error message "Set Up Error"-The language of ... 31 Dec 2009 17:40
kb???????.logs stored in C:\Windows
May these logs be deleted or edited to save disk space, or are they critical to the Windows Update processes? -- wayne ... 31 Dec 2009 19:51
Accessing History and Temp Internet folders
All of a sudden (past two weeks) I cannot access either the History or Temporary Internet Files folders directly from the desktop/Explorer. I get a message that my security settings restrict my access. I have not as far as I know changed any security settings. Is this a new "feature"? Virus? Something I ch... 30 Dec 2009 13:10
Recent Post
How can I find my recent post. I raised a question yesterday and cannot find it or any response. I received the normal prompt it was received,but I cannot find it. ... 31 Dec 2009 22:02
problem with browsers !
hi all.! i am having os windows xp..! last week i was getting the error msg "page not displayed" in GOOGLE CHROME..! i uninstalled GC and was working with FIREFOX..! few days back both the IE as well as FIREFOX browsers are not opening whereas OPERA functioning without any problem..! what could be th... 30 Dec 2009 12:03
Dell MOBO Will Not Install XP Home
Dell MOBO Will Not Install XP Home. Is it the MOBO or is it the RAM Memory? These same files will not install. Using 2 different known 'Good Discs'. Using 2 different known 'Hard Drives' The Dell Diag CD was created and run. No problems found. Error Message on install. These 5 files are all the same size... 18 Jan 2010 14:18
Registry query 2
I'll run that question again. This time I hope it makes more sense. We are advised to backup the Registry before making changes. Is this the same as doing a creating a System Restore Point? If not, how do you backup and restore the Registry please? Thanks. Bill R ... 30 Dec 2009 13:10
Registry query
We are advised to backup the Registry before making changes. Is this the same as doing a System restore? If not, how do you back up the Registry please? Thanks. Bill R ... 29 Dec 2009 19:45
service pack 3 msconfig has no tools tab
Tools Tab Missing. MSCONFIG. XP Proff 2 installed. No tools tab. XP Proff service pak 3 installed. Now the fix for Tools Tab on msconfig only works on Service Pak 2 but not SP 3. What would you do ? ... 29 Dec 2009 01:04