First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Troiuble migrating hard drive w/XP to a new machine
I tried to install my current HD with XP into a new-to-me system (Intel MB and 2.4G processor), but windows won't start. System seems to POST; I can get into bios where everything seems OK, and can run a disk/memory diagnosis program from floppy, but windows never gets to the splash screen - it gives me the scr... 22 Feb 2010 09:38
Power Surge USP Ports In Front Of Dimension 5150
Power Surge USP Ports In Front Of Dimension 5150 What are some causes of a Power Surge On Hub Port ? XP Home / Srv Pak 3. HID-compliant consumer control device USB Human Interface Device (2x) HID Keyboard Device Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical USB Composite Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub (5x... 6 Feb 2010 16:20
Save "Zoomed" settings?
Guess eyes wear out after 75+ erars of use - I often use the "Zoom" settings in Firefox. I'm not really sure if this is a Fiefox or a Windows XP function, hence the double-post. Is there a way where the "Zoomed" settings can be saved, so that they will be in use any time when I start the programs, rather than havi... 4 Feb 2010 20:16
Msconfig.exe Startup Tab is there but not TOOLS
Hi, Msconfig.exe Startup Tab is the last one there but not the TOOLS tab. Is there a fix for this? The 906569 update was DL'ed and run but it is for Srv Pak 2. If SRV Pak 3 is installed but no TOOLS tab what would you do? This article describes the new Tools tab that is available in the System Configurat... 2 Feb 2010 17:40
2 XP OS on one hard drive, same C.O.A.
I think the owner of this PC has installed XP again on a second partition. There is 2 18GB partitions on a 40GB hard drive. XP boot is FAT32 on the end partition and XP is NTFS is on the 1st partition. Magicjellybean product key finder tells me there is only one product key. There is a large Windows folder in e... 8 Feb 2010 03:27
Registry Startup Program
Registry Startup Program If this the best group for Windows XP Malware or Spybot questions? Is there a Registry Startup Program that will list the RUN or Startup things in the XP Home Registry? Something that will help you locate if there is Malware or Spybot trying to reinstall ? Or trying to Startup? W... 2 Feb 2010 17:40
How to get and install OE?
I understand that OE is no longer available. But OE works just fine in three of my XP computers for reading newsgroups. Recently, I reformatted and re-installed WinXP SP3 on one of the computer. I missed OE. How can I get and re-install OE? There must be a trick to do it? Jorge ... 24 Jan 2010 20:22
XP Home Cookie Transfer
Hi, Can you copy a cookie over from PC 1 to PC 2 ? I use FTW Genealogy at http://genforum.genealogy.com/my/ After selecting 20 FAV forums they are there each time you log in. But going to a 2nd PC the entire procedure must be completed again, searching for and ADDING the Forum to your personal GenFORUM. ... 26 Jan 2010 00:03
XP and Large Hard Disks (Attempt #6)
Greetings again, group. This is my 6th post here. My first 5 posts all asked the same question. And though I received 7 answers, none of them were relevant. But I'm patient, so I'll try again, this time in a new thread. My question is simple, really: In the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, is any m... 23 Jan 2010 13:13
error 0xc0000142
ayuda cada vez que inicio mi computadora me dice que no se Pudo Abrir la aplicaccion correctamente error 0xc0000142 John John (MVP) wrote: Re: Please help! Logon.scr application error 0xc000142 11-Jun-08 Do you even know what the NTUser.dat file(s) is/are for? John Chris wrote: Previous Posts In This... 21 Jan 2010 20:20