From: Tom Willett on

: You folks look like crybabies, bitching and moaning about who is stealing
what
: from whom and who is a good anti-malware expert and who isn't. There is
room
: enough for everyone at this table -- there is room enough for everyone who
can
: contribute ideas that will help to head off this invasion.

and your little epistle isn't going to change anything.
:

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You guys...you're all getting worked up about who stole what ideas and
> who
> pirated what scripts and whatnot. Easy there. The world is full of
> people
> who steal things, or borrow them, or incorporate them, or are inspired
> by
> them.
>
> Apple tried to sue Microsoft over the Macintosh "look and feel" and
> then
> Microsoft pointed out that Apple took the Macintosh style from the
> Xerox Star
> system. Case dropped.
>
> Anybody who is truly inventive will come up with newer ideas and
> better
> implementations. They don't have to worry about the also-ran copiers
> because
> the folks who copy will always be left in the dust.
>
> So, quit your bitching already and let's get back to malware problems,
> okay?

So it is okay with you to send folks needing help to a known liar and
thief's website?

....or to not warn them about the ethics of the PCButts1 domain owner?

Are you forgetting that "security" is in the name of this newsgroup as
well as "virus" is?

Warning folks about PCButts could be considered on topic for this group.

From: Leythos on
In article <hpld2u$lgp$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
@yahoo.com says...
> As DOS went on and Windows got faster and long distance charges no longer made
> a difference, my program was quickly obsolete anyway. And that's the way it
> is in software. You build something and you move on. The imitators will be
> imitating last year's ideas.

So, your program was made obsolete and you don't mind and you stopped
developing it.

How about you get on the same page with the victims of this theft - they
CONTINUE TO UPDATE THEIR PROGRAMS, THEY CONTINUE TO BE VALID AND OF USE
TO MANY, but you want people to ignore that their hard work is being
pirated, their names removed, and that someone is making a profit off
their continued work?

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <hplde6$q7h$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
@yahoo.com says...

> sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>
> >You build something and you move on. The imitators will be
> >imitating last year's ideas.
>
> Here's a great example.
[snip broken example that doesn't come close]

The pirated code was unique, it is still of value, still in service,
still being updated as new malware is released, and it's STILL BEING
PIRATED AND INCLUDED IN ANOTHER PERSONS CODE.

Get it now? The pirate IS STILL TAKING THE EFFORT AND CODE THAT IS BEING
UPDATED DAILY/WEEKLY and claiming it's his code.

Trust yourself.
From: David Kaye on
Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:

>Get it now? The pirate IS STILL TAKING THE EFFORT AND CODE THAT IS BEING
>UPDATED DAILY/WEEKLY and claiming it's his code.

So get a cease and desist order on him already and be done with it. And if
that doesn't work then sue him. If the code is so valuable then it's worth
hiring a lawyer to make sure it doesn't get stolen.