From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Andy Medina" <gmedina(a)email.arizona.edu>

| "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
| [stuff]

| So now you are engaged in the same stuff you originally stated you
| "have no time for".
| Remember the "Tirades" thread:

| From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>
| Subject: The Tirades
| Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:23 PM

| If you folks keep bitching and fighting instead of fighting malware
| I'm going
| to go away. I am trying to contribute useful information from my work
| in the
| field, but I'll be damned if I'm going to continue here if 3/4 of the
| stuff is
| people bitching at each other over perceived slights. I have no time
| for it.

+1

--
Dave

From: David Kaye on
"Andy Medina" <gmedina(a)email.arizona.edu> wrote:

>So now you are engaged in the same stuff you originally stated you
>"have no time for".

For a few moments, then I drop it. Notice that I have made very few posts on
this topic compared with the others.

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"The Real Truth MVP" <trt(a)void.com> wrote in message

> First let me say again that nothing of mine is stolen.

But you *do* make unauthorized use of the work product of others.

> That is why there is no law suit.

That doesn't follow - there can be any number of reasons for not filing
a lawsuit.

> Second my software is nothing but standard DOS commands put into a
> batch file. So if anyone is to sue me it would have to be Bill Gates.

It's all destined to be ones and zeroes, and nobody owns those (so
you're in the clear). :o\

(wanna buy a bridge?)

[more lies removed]

From: Leythos on
In article <hpo91f$9c5$1(a)leythos.motzarella.org>, trt(a)void.com says...
> First let me say again that nothing of mine is stolen.

Notice the play on words? Nothing of HIS is stolen, but he fails to
mention that content HE'S INCLUDED came from others and the embedded
signatures that are fakes, put there by the real authors prove he's
"Stolen" the code he claims as HIS.

Trust yourself.
From: Virus Guy on
Someone answer me this:

Is any of this contentious code or scripts or what-ever, is any of it
being made available for a price? Is anyone charging money for it? Or
is it given away for free as public service in the fight against
malware?

Leythos wrote:

> When you have something that you value, that you've created,
> stolen by another person and the credit changed to that person,
> you won't feel the same way.

That depends on two things:

a) is the creation (code, etc) acting as a source of income by
any of the so-called authors?

b) do any of the so-called authors make their real identity
fully and clearly visible to the end user of the
creative work - regardless if this work is given away
for free or is sold to the end user.

Authorship and/or correct attribution of a creative work is important.
But most of this thread that deals with the idea of people taking each
other to court becomes fruitless if nobody is selling the work or
gaining any revenue from it.

And if the real identities of the people that claim to have created
these works are not plainly visible to end users, then nobody can claim
that their recognition is being stolen from them if they don't
publically acknowledge their creative role.

Full-Quoter The Real Truth MVP top-poasted:

> All that BS Leythos has you believing is just that BS.

Has Leythos admitted to being an author of any of this code yet?

Do we know who he is?