From: Leythos on
In article <hpmsjk$9gs$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
@yahoo.com says...

> Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:
>
> >Get it now? The pirate IS STILL TAKING THE EFFORT AND CODE THAT IS BEING
> >UPDATED DAILY/WEEKLY and claiming it's his code.
>
> So get a cease and desist order on him already and be done with it. And if
> that doesn't work then sue him. If the code is so valuable then it's worth
> hiring a lawyer to make sure it doesn't get stolen.

It's hard to start a case from a person in the UK, an INDIVIDUAL THAT
TAKES NO MONEY FOR THEIR WORKS, in the USA - it's not cheap. Butts knows
this, that's why he takes code from people from outside the USA.

Trust yourself.
From: David Kaye on
Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:

>It's hard to start a case from a person in the UK, an INDIVIDUAL THAT
>TAKES NO MONEY FOR THEIR WORKS, in the USA - it's not cheap. Butts knows
>this, that's why he takes code from people from outside the USA.

Again, if the code is worth so much, then it's worth hiring legal counsel to
make it right. I suspect that the code is not worth very much.

From: Leythos on
In article <hpo0mf$g1s$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
@yahoo.com says...

> Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:
>
> >It's hard to start a case from a person in the UK, an INDIVIDUAL THAT
> >TAKES NO MONEY FOR THEIR WORKS, in the USA - it's not cheap. Butts knows
> >this, that's why he takes code from people from outside the USA.
>
> Again, if the code is worth so much, then it's worth hiring legal counsel to
> make it right. I suspect that the code is not worth very much.

And you don't seem to understand how much it costs to file a case from
outside the country.

Trust yourself.
From: David Kaye on
Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:

>> Again, if the code is worth so much, then it's worth hiring legal counsel to
>> make it right. I suspect that the code is not worth very much.
>
>And you don't seem to understand how much it costs to file a case from
>outside the country.

Again, if the code is worth so much, then it's worth hiring legal counsel to
make it right. I suspect that the code is not worth very much.

You're going round and round with this. People have some very inflated ideas
of the value of what they do. Some people think that just because they write
something or come up with a name that they've created value and that they
deserve to retire rich.

Let me say, having filed trademarks and copyrights and having seen
intellectual property stolen by some of the best in the business, a lot of
this stuff simply isn't worth very much in the first place.

Again, the creative person can re-create the code better than before, while
the imitator will always be in second place. The only trouble is if the
imitator has better marketing than the originator. So, maybe the originator
needs to enlist the help of marketing people. Generally, this doesn't happen
because the originator is so headstrong that they can't work with others.

If you truly have good code, enlist the help of a partner who can bring it to
market.
From: Andy Medina on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
[stuff]

So now you are engaged in the same stuff you originally stated you
"have no time for".
Remember the "Tirades" thread:

From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>
Subject: The Tirades
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:23 PM

If you folks keep bitching and fighting instead of fighting malware
I'm going
to go away. I am trying to contribute useful information from my work
in the
field, but I'll be damned if I'm going to continue here if 3/4 of the
stuff is
people bitching at each other over perceived slights. I have no time
for it.