From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Virus Guy" <Virus(a)Guy.com>

"His" reply to you is a complete lie!

That's why the following was placed in RogueFix and other non-public ones as well.

Stuart Suanders is not alone. He is one of MANY victims of the salacitious code thief,

Public Marker #1
---------------------

:S949n
IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\application data\seilhturtlaereht.inf"

seilhturtlaereht.inf ==> Drop the .INF

seilhturtlaereht ==> theealtruthlies

Public Marker #2
---------------------

IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo "%UserProfile%\local
settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe"
IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo "%UserProfile%\local
settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe">>remove-it.txt

The file; "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" is a fabrication. It does
not exist.

It, obatssrsghde.exe, is actually a file name in code.

obatssrsghde.exe ==> drop .EXE

obatssrsghde

increase character by 1 ==> pcbuttsthief

--
Dave

From: JD on
Virus Guy wrote:
> MEB wrote:
>
>>> If their names are already public knowledge (either in the "help -
>>> about" section of the software, or in PTO or legal copyright
>>> documents, or on the website that hosts the software) then you
>>> should have no problem stating the author names as I request in
>>> your next reply to me.
>>
>> Stating specific names is not necessary nor required by Law
>> anywhere,
>
> I never said that it was.
>
> I'm simply asking who is the other claimed author of this contentious
> code.
>
> Most of this thread deals with the injustice or harm that comes from
> stealing or using other people's code without giving proper attribution
> or recognition.
>
> So I'm asking who exactly should be given that attribution or
> recognition *if* indeed we are dealing with improper code usage.

Here is the real truth:

The Real Truth MVP is not listed on the MVP list:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

The web page http://www.ms-mvp.org/ uses Godaddy's stealth
frame-redirection to redirect you to:
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

Check out �pcbutts� using your favorite search engine.

Can you really trust someone like this? Do you really want to download
his software and/or follow his advice?

The guy now says he's a woman, well two different women:

http://tekrider.net/usenet/pcbutts.php

Virusguy, what is the point you're trying to make? Surely you're not
trying to convince this newsgroup that PC Butts is actually a person to
be trusted?

I doubt you'll agree to anything you see here so don't bother replying
to me because I'm not going to play your little game anymore. Run some
of Butts software, lots of luck! 8-)

--
JD..
From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Virus Guy" <Virus(a)Guy.com> wrote in message

> I can only assume that since nobody else has bothered to post the
> names
> of these authors, [...]

Ah, but they *have*.

Maybe you can do this research yourself with Google (it's on the web)?

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"The Real Truth MVP" <trt(a)void.com> wrote in message

> If I make an update two weeks later his will probably get updated.

....but the threads about the markers have *proven* the information flow
was from his to yours.

VG:

It is not always about the "code" per se - there is work being done to
target newly emerging malware for removal. After the work is done, the
new software (not specifically program code) is available. Then, it
becomes a part of PCButts' "program" and he claims it as his. The
"markers" put in by the people actually doing the work - appear later in
PCButts' program (and they consist of data *pointing* to PCButts as the
lying thief that it is).

There is no way PCButts can change the fact of information flow that
provides the *proof* that "therealtruthlies".

As to whether or not anyone can prove "injury", I don't know. The photo
of Sara is probably in the Public Domain (IIRC by agreement at the site)
and PCButts can do was it wishes with it - but just because it is legal
doesn't make it ethical.

From: David Kaye on
Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:

>No, Copyright does not require anything that you suggest, copyright is
>assumed as soon as you create the work. The authors identity is attached
>in clear form to the work that was pirated and removed by PCButts1.

One way to further verify the authorship of a work is to add something
frivolous. In mapmaking, a cartographer will add a fake street. In software
I used to add fake code that was never called -- it looked pretty but it
didn't do anything.