From: John Navas on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:18:41 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote in <4bfdba66$0$1652$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:

>On 26/05/10 5:05 PM, George Kerby wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> You have my explicit permission to reveal yourself as the true buffoon that
>> you are: Carry on, fool!
>
>With all due respect George, you're the one responding to, rather than
>kill-filing, both of our favorite trolls.

Those would of course be you and George.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 16:15:06 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote in <4bfdab7f$0$1632$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:

>Market cap is pretty meaningless without the P/E ratio. ...

P/E ratio and all other relevant factors are subsumed in market cap.
That's how the market works. To claim otherwise is, well, ignorant.
You clearly know as much about finance as you do about cellular.

From: John Navas on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 01:41:05 +0200, Mxsmanic <mxsmanic(a)gmail.com> wrote
in <f9crv55qrj0f4bckhvjqfug8n0bc8uamqr(a)4ax.com>:

>John Navas writes:
>
>> Many people, but not all people. For example, there were quite a few of
>> us saying the AOL-Time Warner deal was stupid from the very beginning.
>> Google is in a different class entirely, as is Steve Jobs (not Apple),
>> not perfect, but very very good, and able to learn from mistakes.
>
>The most successful companies are always built around people, and often around
>a single person. ...

Some are; others are not. There are many very successful companies
without a single superstar, rather a team and a culture.

From: David J Taylor on
"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
[]
> The most successful companies are always built around people, and often
> around
> a single person. When that single person leaves, the companies often
> collapse,
> or at least they settle into a kind of long-term mediocrity until the
> replacement management finally screws up enough to bury them.

Mr Canon? Mr Nikon? But perhaps true about Mr Sony.

David

From: Mxsmanic on
John Navas writes:

> Some are; others are not. There are many very successful companies
> without a single superstar, rather a team and a culture.

Examples? General Electric is often cited, but it's the exception rather than
the rule. And some companies, such as Exxon, are successful mainly because
it's so easy to make money in their fields.