From: SMS on
On 25/05/10 10:46 AM, Mxsmanic wrote:

<snip>

> Highly advanced and creative photographers don't spend their time playing with
> hardware. Photographers without talent concentrate on the science they
> understand, rather than on the art that they don't.

I expect that he's a "snapshot" type of photographer. Unless you're
photographing active children that can't be still, a P&S camera is
certainly adequate.

That said, CHDK does give the Canon P&S owner some useful features. I
have it on three of our Canon P&S cameras. I enjoy using it, though
persuading my kids to do anything with it has not been successful. I
wrote a lot of documentation for CHDK so I have an interest in its use,
but it certainly doesn't turn a P&S camera into a D-SLR.
From: John Navas on
On Tue, 25 May 2010 13:17:21 -0500, D.J. <nocontact(a)noaddress.com> wrote
in <ru4ov510kq8si0bdl10e8grlc9sr9036gj(a)4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:14:18 -0700, John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 25 May 2010 19:46:15 +0200, Mxsmanic <mxsmanic(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>in <853ov5hug762iqgghg4dlfs08m2r7c3997(a)4ax.com>:

>>>Highly advanced and creative photographers don't spend their time playing with
>>>hardware. Photographers without talent concentrate on the science they
>>>understand, rather than on the art that they don't.
>>
>>Well put.
>
>Leonardo da Vinci disprove you both.

And Jackson Pollack? ;)

Photography is about photographs, not equipment.
--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:28:28 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote in <4bfc16d1$0$1639$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:

>On 25/05/10 10:46 AM, Mxsmanic wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Highly advanced and creative photographers don't spend their time playing with
>> hardware. Photographers without talent concentrate on the science they
>> understand, rather than on the art that they don't.
>
>I expect that he's a "snapshot" type of photographer. Unless you're
>photographing active children that can't be still, a P&S camera is
>certainly adequate.
>
>That said, CHDK does give the Canon P&S owner some useful features. I
>have it on three of our Canon P&S cameras. I enjoy using it, though
>persuading my kids to do anything with it has not been successful. I
>wrote a lot of documentation for CHDK so I have an interest in its use,
>but it certainly doesn't turn a P&S camera into a D-SLR.

Complete nonsense.

From: LOL! on
On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:28:28 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>On 25/05/10 10:46 AM, Mxsmanic wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Highly advanced and creative photographers don't spend their time playing with
>> hardware. Photographers without talent concentrate on the science they
>> understand, rather than on the art that they don't.
>
>I expect that he's a "snapshot" type of photographer. Unless you're
>photographing active children that can't be still, a P&S camera is
>certainly adequate.
>
>That said, CHDK does give the Canon P&S owner some useful features. I
>have it on three of our Canon P&S cameras. I enjoy using it, though
>persuading my kids to do anything with it has not been successful. I
>wrote a lot of documentation for CHDK so I have an interest in its use,
>but it certainly doesn't turn a P&S camera into a D-SLR.

You don't have it on any camera. You can't even tell someone how it works.
We've already tested and proved that about you. And the WIKI history PROVES
that you've NEVER contributed even ONE WORD to the documentation, you
useless psychotic troll.

LOL!

From: Peter on
"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Bruce writes:
>
>> Of course some people will. Otherwise, why would Nikon pay Aston
>> Kutcher to get involved?
>
> Because it incorrectly believes that a celebrity endorsement will help
> sell
> cameras?
>
> Have you ever bought anything because a celebrity endorsed it?

Since you are an expert photographer, it might not influence you, but it
works for a lot of products. I see no reason a purely consumer camera would
be an exception.

BTW Are you a marketing expert?

--
Peter