From: Phildo on

"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message
>> Or use a headset mic close to the mouth so you can increase
>> the gain before feedback. And be sure to be speaking in a
>> space with good acoustics so the reinforcement system doesn't
>> have to work so hard.
>
> Being that selective is stupid for both performers and speakers,

No, it is merely doing the best possible job as regards sound which on this
newsgroup is first priority above all else.

>especially
> those with life-altering or life-protecting messages.

You mean your fairy stories.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

>This is a
> greta application for the FBD.

A FBD is a band-aid for someone who doesn't know what they are doing when it
comes to sound. Unless used properly (NOT in the way you are thinking of
Bony) then they are not very effective at all. There is no substitute for
someone who knows what they are doing at the controls and sadly that is not
you Bony.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

> The devil sends rebellious people to destroy the church. If you had an
> employee who did things he was not authorized to do what would you do with
> him? If someone demanded your employee to do things you did not authorize
> your employee to do, would you be happy? If my superiors gave me the
> authority to do what was recommended I would be happy to comply. To do
> what was recommended, though sound advice generally, when I was not
> authorized to do it would make me unfit to clean toilets, let alone run
> sound. Rebellion is the sin of witchcraft and makes one unfit to serve.

Enough with the bullshit religion Bony. The only gods we discuss on here are
sound and George Gleason.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

> Do you need some elementary education in the use of compressors and FBD's?

No, YOU do. Would be good to get a basic education in sound as well while
you are at it. Also, maybe a class on people skills might help.

Phildo

From: 0junk4me on

On 2008-06-22 Phil(a)phildo.net said:
>> Not true. Faith is the FIRST requirement, not the only
>>requirement. Go ahead and google it. It will prove you are
>slandering me.
>It doesn't need to be any requirement at all.
Professionalism and work ethic are requirements. IF I"m
being paid, I'm being paid to do my best work possible under
the circumstances. THat means use the tools most
effectively, even if inferior tools or not adequatte to the
job at hand.
I don't care if you're shouting hallelujah or playing death
metal or hip hop. tHE requirements of the gig can be broken
down the same.

YEs, if you're asking for volunteers it's a given that they
would share your beliefs or they won't be volunteering in
the first place. BUt, if you're paying, I"m going to
provide the highest quality possible. THat's what
professionals do.

Another bit of wasted bytes, the man doesn't pay any
attention anyway. wHy waste your time with him PHil? Many
of us know the reality of the business, but this guy just
wants an excuse to spew more BS.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

Google aids and abets spammers!!!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: DEQ2496 Software