From: liquidator on

"Rupert" <foodsteaks(a)linkline.com> wrote in message
On Jun 19, 3:13 pm, Mike Dobony <sw...(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:04:51 GMT, Joe L wrote:
> > <0junk...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> >> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
> >> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
> >> live sound applications imho.
>
> >> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
> >> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
> >> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
> >> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
> >> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.
>
> >> <plunk>

> >> Richard webb,
> >> replace anything before at with elspider
>
> > Reminds me of the old joke about a stranded couple, in a flood with
rising
> > waters. People kept coming by but the two would say "No thanks, the Lord
> > will provide for us" turning away a canoe, a larger boat, and then a
> > helicopter. They both drowned. In heaven they asked why they weren't
> > saved, and God said "Well I tried. I sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what
> > more did you need?". ;-)
>
> > Maybe God does send soundmen to his church, they just don't recognize
the
> > need for them.;-P
>
> > JL
>
> The devil sends rebellious people to destroy the church. If you had an
> employee who did things he was not authorized to do what would you do with
> him? If someone demanded your employee to do things you did not authorize
> your employee to do, would you be happy? If my superiors gave me the
> authority to do what was recommended I would be happy to comply. To do
> what was recommended, though sound advice generally, when I was not
> authorized to do it would make me unfit to clean toilets, let alone run
> sound.

>Rebellion is the sin of witchcraft and makes one unfit to serve.

What utter nonsense. Rebellion is the catalyst of change. If there
wasn't rebellion, we'd all be living in the dark ages still. Maybe
that's what you want, but I certainly don't.

Da Bonehead doesn't realize- if the Protestants hadn't rebelled he would be
Catholic- so he goes to the Devil's Church? Apparently so.

From: liquidator on

"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:04:51 GMT, Joe L wrote:
>
> > <0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> >> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
> >> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
> >> live sound applications imho.
> >>
> >> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
> >> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
> >> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
> >> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
> >> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.
> >>
> >> <plunk>

> >> Richard webb,
> >> replace anything before at with elspider
> >>

> > Reminds me of the old joke about a stranded couple, in a flood with
rising
> > waters. People kept coming by but the two would say "No thanks, the
Lord
> > will provide for us" turning away a canoe, a larger boat, and then a
> > helicopter. They both drowned. In heaven they asked why they weren't
> > saved, and God said "Well I tried. I sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what
> > more did you need?". ;-)
> >
> > Maybe God does send soundmen to his church, they just don't recognize
the
> > need for them.;-P
> >
> > JL
>
> King David and the Levites (priests) thought that the Philistines had a
> better idea than God for transporting the Ark. They put in on a cart
drawn
> by 2 oxen instead of carrying it on the shoulders of the priests. God
> struck the cart to tip over the Ark and Uzza such out his hand to steady
> the Ark, to keep it from falling. God killed Uzza for that.
>
> Miriam and Aaron thought they were better than Moses and God struck Miriam
> with leprosy because by rebelling against their leader they were rebelling
> against God.
>
> Nadab and Abihu thought they had a better way of offering incense and God
> struck them dead.
>
> Korah decided he knew better than Moses how to lead the Israelites and God
> struck him and his followers dead.
>
> Do you see a pattern here? If I rebel against the authorities over me I
> rebel against God Himeslf. I am commanded by rebels here to be like them
> and deny my faith. I agree that many have good ideas, but I have no
> authority to go beyond what I have been instructed to do by the
authorities
> over me. I am a servant, not a demon-controlled witch. I am blessed and
> praised because I respect the authorities over me. I give my opinions and
> they make the decisions and they carry the weight of the responsibility
for
> those decisions, not me.

Ain't nobody here commanding you to do anything Mike.

Although growing a brain would be nice.

From: 0junk4me on

On 2008-06-20 mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com said:
>>good ideas, but I have no authority to go beyond what I have been
>instructed to do by the authorities
>> over me. I am a servant, not a demon-controlled witch. I am
>>blessed and praised because I respect the authorities over me. I
>>give my opinions and they make the decisions and they carry the
>weight of the responsibility for
>> those decisions, not me.
>Ain't nobody here commanding you to do anything Mike.
>Although growing a brain would be nice.
IMpossible, he's too brainwashed to even think about that,
hence why I no longer see his posts, just those that reply
to him.

NOw though, since we're on the subject of sound and the
church:

I want the best sound I can get for my church. That means
that I want the best system possible, and if an operator
required the best darned individual I can get.
after all, we all know, including bonehead, that people sit
in the "cheap seats" read the back of the church first it
seems.

iF I"m truly committed to the teachings of the church, I
want the masses that attend to hear the message, whether it
be from the praise band, the choir or the pastor's sermon.
That means I want the folks in the cheap seats to hear that
message, clearly!!!

THat means I don't want some amateur twit at the controls.
THat's good stewardship of church resources, but as long as
we go through the motions, that's okay for some churches.

As with most things in life, ymmv.

From: Eeyore on

0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net wrote:

> I want the best sound I can get for my church.

It truly scares the feck out of me that 'the most powerful nation on the
earth' has people who believe in a guy who lives in the sky and determines
their lives.

How STUPID can you be ?

Graham

From: 0junk4me on

On 2008-06-20 rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com said:
>It truly scares the feck out of me that 'the most powerful nation
>on the earth' has people who believe in a guy who lives in the sky
>and determines their lives.
WHether it be church synagogue or mosque, either way, if the
believers actually believe what they espouse then you'd
think good sound would be a priority.
That is, unless it's just all noise and lip service.

whatever your beliefs or lack of them, I"d think that you
could see that.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: DEQ2496 Software
Next: C-Audio schematic?