From: Ron(UK) on
0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net wrote:
> ROn wrote:
> >Once again this man comes in asking for advice then argues with the
> >seasoned professionals who don't tell him what he wants to hear.
> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
> live sound applications imho.
>
> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.

I think you`ll find that in this context, he`s not even talking about
church business, but something to do with martial arts.

Ron(UK)
From: 0junk4me on

ROn wrote:

>I think you`ll find that in this context, he`s not even talking
>about church business, but something to do with martial arts.
Already gathered that, but this is the same guy, and it
seems that every solution the professionals give him is not
one he wants to consider.
tHe right electronic tool in the kit is a great thing, but
sometimes the best tools we have at our disposal, especially
at these sort of events, is our hands on the faders and
those two appendages on the sides of our heads.
Imho those are the most important tools in the business.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

From: Joe L on

<0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> ROn wrote:
> >Once again this man comes in asking for advice then argues with the
> >seasoned professionals who don't tell him what he wants to hear.
> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
> live sound applications imho.
>
> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.
>
> <plunk>
>

> >Ron(UK)
>

> Richard webb,
> replace anything before at with elspider

Reminds me of the old joke about a stranded couple, in a flood with rising
waters. People kept coming by but the two would say "No thanks, the Lord
will provide for us" turning away a canoe, a larger boat, and then a
helicopter. They both drowned. In heaven they asked why they weren't
saved, and God said "Well I tried. I sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what
more did you need?". ;-)

Maybe God does send soundmen to his church, they just don't recognize the
need for them.;-P

JL

From: Mike Dobony on
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:04:51 GMT, Joe L wrote:

> <0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> ROn wrote:
>> >Once again this man comes in asking for advice then argues with the
>> >seasoned professionals who don't tell him what he wants to hear.
>> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
>> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
>> live sound applications imho.
>>
>> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
>> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
>> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
>> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
>> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.
>>
>> <plunk>
>>

>> >Ron(UK)
>>

>> Richard webb,
>> replace anything before at with elspider
>>

> Reminds me of the old joke about a stranded couple, in a flood with rising
> waters. People kept coming by but the two would say "No thanks, the Lord
> will provide for us" turning away a canoe, a larger boat, and then a
> helicopter. They both drowned. In heaven they asked why they weren't
> saved, and God said "Well I tried. I sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what
> more did you need?". ;-)
>
> Maybe God does send soundmen to his church, they just don't recognize the
> need for them.;-P
>
> JL

The devil sends rebellious people to destroy the church. If you had an
employee who did things he was not authorized to do what would you do with
him? If someone demanded your employee to do things you did not authorize
your employee to do, would you be happy? If my superiors gave me the
authority to do what was recommended I would be happy to comply. To do
what was recommended, though sound advice generally, when I was not
authorized to do it would make me unfit to clean toilets, let alone run
sound. Rebellion is the sin of witchcraft and makes one unfit to serve.
From: Mike Dobony on
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:15:14 GMT, Ron Capik wrote:

> Mike Dobony wrote:
>

>> < .....snip... >
>>
>> These are NOT performers, but teachers. Sticking to "serious venues" is
>> not an option.
>
> If they are teachers then they should also be learners, as
> in they are (or at least should be) trainable. Don't sell them
> short, give them some training. As for not being performers,
> I believe teaching is very much a performance art.

Train them to do what? Avoid effective techniques because the technology
doesn't allow it instead of using the effective, available technology that
reduces the problems so that the teacher is not crippled?

Also explain what this has to do with compression.

> Later...
>
> Ron Capik
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: DEQ2496 Software
Next: C-Audio schematic?