From: Ron Capik on
Mike Dobony wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:15:14 GMT, Ron Capik wrote:
>
> < ...snip... >
> >
> > If they are teachers then they should also be learners, as
> > in they are (or at least should be) trainable. Don't sell them
> > short, give them some training. As for not being performers,
> > I believe teaching is very much a performance art.
> >

> Train them to do what? Avoid effective techniques because the technology
> doesn't allow it instead of using the effective, available technology that
> reduces the problems so that the teacher is not crippled?
>
> Also explain what this has to do with compression.
> >
> > Later...
> >
> > Ron Capik

Train them not to do, but to know. How they use the knowledge
is up to them.

Your next question isn't even a complete sentence and thus (as
stated) is unanswerable.

As for compression, it never came up in this part of the thread.

[Stick a fork in me] I'm done...

Ron Capik

From: Rupert on
On Jun 19, 3:13 pm, Mike Dobony <sw...(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:04:51 GMT, Joe L wrote:
> > <0junk...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
> >> ROn wrote:
> >>   >Once again this man comes in asking for advice then argues with the
> >>   >seasoned professionals who don't tell him what he wants to hear.
> >> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic.  IF you must
> >> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
> >> live sound applications imho.
>
> >> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
> >> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
> >> religion.  eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
> >> YOu can google it up if you're that interested.  MEanwhile,
> >> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.
>
> >> <plunk>
>
> >>   >Ron(UK)
>
> >> Richard webb,
> >> replace anything before at with elspider
>
> > Reminds me of the old joke about a stranded couple, in a flood with rising
> > waters.  People kept coming by but the two would say "No thanks, the Lord
> > will provide for us" turning away a canoe, a larger boat, and then a
> > helicopter.  They both drowned.  In heaven they asked why they weren't
> > saved, and God said "Well I tried. I sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what
> > more did you need?". ;-)
>
> > Maybe God does send soundmen to his church, they just don't recognize the
> > need for them.;-P
>
> > JL
>
> The devil sends rebellious people to destroy the church.  If you had an
> employee who did things he was not authorized to do what would you do with
> him?  If someone demanded your employee to do things you did not authorize
> your employee to do, would you be happy?  If my superiors gave me the
> authority to do what was recommended I would be happy to comply.  To do
> what was recommended, though sound advice generally, when I was not
> authorized to do it would make me unfit to clean toilets, let alone run
> sound.

>Rebellion is the sin of witchcraft and makes one unfit to serve.

What utter nonsense. Rebellion is the catalyst of change. If there
wasn't rebellion, we'd all be living in the dark ages still. Maybe
that's what you want, but I certainly don't.
From: www.locoworks.com on
On Jun 19, 3:13�pm, Mike Dobony <sw...(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:04:51 GMT, Joe L wrote:

> The devil sends rebellious people to destroy the church. �

From what I've read of history, most churches are destroyed by other
churches.
From: Mike Dobony on
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:04:51 GMT, Joe L wrote:

> <0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> ROn wrote:
>> >Once again this man comes in asking for advice then argues with the
>> >seasoned professionals who don't tell him what he wants to hear.
>> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
>> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
>> live sound applications imho.
>>
>> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
>> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
>> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
>> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
>> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.
>>
>> <plunk>
>>

>> >Ron(UK)
>>

>> Richard webb,
>> replace anything before at with elspider
>>

> Reminds me of the old joke about a stranded couple, in a flood with rising
> waters. People kept coming by but the two would say "No thanks, the Lord
> will provide for us" turning away a canoe, a larger boat, and then a
> helicopter. They both drowned. In heaven they asked why they weren't
> saved, and God said "Well I tried. I sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what
> more did you need?". ;-)
>
> Maybe God does send soundmen to his church, they just don't recognize the
> need for them.;-P
>
> JL

King David and the Levites (priests) thought that the Philistines had a
better idea than God for transporting the Ark. They put in on a cart drawn
by 2 oxen instead of carrying it on the shoulders of the priests. God
struck the cart to tip over the Ark and Uzza such out his hand to steady
the Ark, to keep it from falling. God killed Uzza for that.

Miriam and Aaron thought they were better than Moses and God struck Miriam
with leprosy because by rebelling against their leader they were rebelling
against God.

Nadab and Abihu thought they had a better way of offering incense and God
struck them dead.

Korah decided he knew better than Moses how to lead the Israelites and God
struck him and his followers dead.

Do you see a pattern here? If I rebel against the authorities over me I
rebel against God Himeslf. I am commanded by rebels here to be like them
and deny my faith. I agree that many have good ideas, but I have no
authority to go beyond what I have been instructed to do by the authorities
over me. I am a servant, not a demon-controlled witch. I am blessed and
praised because I respect the authorities over me. I give my opinions and
they make the decisions and they carry the weight of the responsibility for
those decisions, not me.
From: Mike Dobony on
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:24:50 GMT, 0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net wrote:

> ROn wrote:
> >Once again this man comes in asking for advice then argues with the
> >seasoned professionals who don't tell him what he wants to hear.
> I note he's talking about a 15 band graphic. IF you must
> use a graphic nothing short of a 31 band is suitable for
> live sound applications imho.

I fought to get that 15 band eq. I wanted a 31 band, but was not authorized
to get it.

> WE must remember that this is the guy who said the most
> important criteria for a sound guy for the church was his
> religion. eVen if he had no ear and little aptitude for it.
> YOu can google it up if you're that interested. MEanwhile,
> I have this to say to this cross posting dunderhead.

Not true. Faith is the FIRST requirement, not the only requirement. Go
ahead and google it. It will prove you are slandering me.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: DEQ2496 Software
Next: C-Audio schematic?