From: David Murray on

> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.

Actually it does. I can sum this up in one easy example. How many
times have we seen news headlines about a maniac walking into a school
or chuch (both are gun-free zones) and shooting dozens of people? Now
how many times have you seen a headline saying, "Man walks into
shooting range, kills 34 people, wounds 16 others" ??? I think the
answer is pretty clear.

I carry a gun with me everywhere I go (except for in my daughter's
school - stupid gun free zone) I either take my Glock 9mm or my
little .380 pocket pistol depending on what I'm wearing.
From: christianlott1 on
On May 8, 10:51 am, "Clocky" <notg...(a)happen.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure you're going to understand how insane this looks from the
> outside looking in but threats of violence for attending and waving guns in
> the air...  it's a retro computer show FFS.

Looks like the threat of violence was made before the target of that
threat 'waved his gun in the air'. Therefore, Dragos is simply
defending himself from a very real threat.

There are idiots everywhere, even computer shows obviously. And I
don't know what kind of protected neighborhood you grew up in clock
but many innocent people are victimized by younger, angrier, more
aggressive and/or stronger people looking to use physical force to
take advantage. There's not much you can do after a 300 pound
guerrilla attacks you, no matter how good a fighter you imagine
yourself to be. Maybe the thug who wrote that note is just a peewee
size prick with a big mouth, but better to be safe than sorry imo.
From: Sean Huxter on
Yeah... owning a gun is a sure sign of your own insecurity and nothing more.

And when or if you ever DO get to use it, enjoy your time in jail.

Sean.

"Dragos" <mgladson(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 8, 1:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...(a)happen.com> wrote:
Real men don't need guns..

Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
view.... Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....

I hope someone doesn't try that whole real man theory on me someday,
be a painful amount of explaining to the coroner what happened.....

From: Sean Huxter on
What a stupid argument.

You don't also hear of them going into Home Depot either... and it's not
because people are armed.

People attack schools because that's where their perceived wrong happened.

And the more people who have guns, the more people just end up dead.

In a country where the rule is an eye for an eye, everyone will eventually
be blind.

Sean.

From: Jonno Downes on
I have nothing to add to this topic but this link seems apt: http://xkcd.com/386/