From: Dragos on
see here mr know it all:

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1219831

From: Clocky on
David Murray wrote:
>> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.
>
> Actually it does. I can sum this up in one easy example. How many
> times have we seen news headlines about a maniac walking into a school
> or chuch (both are gun-free zones) and shooting dozens of people? Now
> how many times have you seen a headline saying, "Man walks into
> shooting range, kills 34 people, wounds 16 others" ??? I think the
> answer is pretty clear.

The answer is clear that a gun mad society like the US will have mass
shootings. They are very rare in countries that have gun restrictions, and
with good reason... guns make idiots think they are invincible.

> I carry a gun with me everywhere I go (except for in my daughter's
> school - stupid gun free zone) I either take my Glock 9mm or my
> little .380 pocket pistol depending on what I'm wearing.

Madness.

From: Clocky on
Sean Huxter wrote:
> With an attitude like that, that just might happen...
>
> There are a lot of people like you whom government DOES pry the gun
> from their cold, dead hands, after the four-hour stand-off and the
> eventual death by cop.

Yeah, that seems to be a trait.

Not surprisingly if you go handing guns to unpredictable and unstable people

From: Clocky on
Sean Huxter wrote:
> What a stupid argument.
>
> You don't also hear of them going into Home Depot either... and it's
> not because people are armed.
>
> People attack schools because that's where their perceived wrong
> happened.
> And the more people who have guns, the more people just end up dead.
>
> In a country where the rule is an eye for an eye, everyone will
> eventually be blind.

That sums it up succinctly.

From: Dragos on

> The answer is clear that a gun mad society like the US will have mass
> shootings.

yes, a few hundred years ago, a tiny little country wished that
citzens didn't have firearms.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: Key-Mapper on C64?