First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Creating a KMDF NDIS <==> USB driver
I am about to develop (using the KMDF) an NDIS miniport driver which will be communicating with a USB device which will send and receive Ethernet frames over bulk endpoints. I am basing the approach on the NDISEDGE sample in the KMDF distribution. There is a small blurb at the end of the HTML handout given with ... 26 Jul 2006 16:05
How to show media/cable disconnected
Hi, I have created a virtual LAN driver. The driver when installed shows status of acquiring IP where as I want to show cable disconnect status. How can I do so? Even in MiniportQueryInformation() I am returning NdisMediaStateDisconnected but no use. Thanks, Arsalan ... 20 Jul 2006 14:26
Can't DriverPackageUninstall() from DriverStore when OEMxx.INF is missing
I've experienced a similar problem in that SetupCopyOEMInf() returns TRUE indicating that the operation was succeesful, but i reality the oem files are not created in %systemroot%inf. This looks like a bug in vista which they hopefully will fix in the next up issue. I would wait for the fix from msft if you can bec... 18 Jul 2006 12:00
DPInst ignoring /sa flag?
I've gotten an unsigned driver package put together for a software-only legacy driver, and overall DPInst seems happy with it. I'm launching the DPInst as part of my main installer---I can't use DIFxApp or DIFxAPI because the installer is 32-bit whereas the driver is 64-bit. The command line is therefore "/q ... 27 Jun 2006 12:31
passthru install???
Have anyone successfully install passthru driver by using command line in Devcon? I'm using this command devcon -r install c:\Passthru\Inf\netsf.inf ms_passthrump it always return: devcon failed. Does Devcon support passthru installation? thanks, ttan ... 4 Jul 2006 05:47
Driver sample with *.asm source
Can I find somewhere *.sys driver sample which uses minimally one *.asm source and for it's compilation is used MASM ? Peter ... 13 Jun 2006 12:06
USBD_STATUS_XACT_ERROR
I have been able to find very little on this error on the net, so I am hoping the experience of this developer community might be able to help. We developed and are using a high-speed capable device based on the philips isp1582 USB device controller/transciever and a DSP. We have been unsuccessful in getting an... 19 Jun 2006 02:35
IOCTL_USB_GET_NODE_CONNECTION_INFORMATION not working on win2k+OHC
Dear Sir, For detecting over-current condition on USB External hub ports, I'm using DeviceIOControl IOCTL_USB_GET_NODE_CONNECTION_INFORMATION (from NTDDK\usbioctl.h). This IOCTL returns a called USB_NODE_CONNECTION_INFORMATION, having an element USB_CONNECTION_STATUS. This is an enum. One thing it reports is De... 18 May 2006 09:15
IoGetDeviceObjectPointer and WdfRequestGetFileObject
I am currently converting my WDM+DriverWorks drivers to KMDF. I have two drivers. The master driver(DeviceA) uses WDM+DriverWorks. The slave (DeviceB) has been converted to KMDF. DeviceA uses KLowerDevice (which embedds an IoGetDeviceObjectPointer call) to establish the connection between DeviceA and DeviceB. ... 18 May 2006 10:17
IoGetDmaAdapter for a root-enumerated device in 64-bit Windows
Hello! I have written a virtual (root-enumerated) device driver as a miniport for the WavePci (portcls.sys). WavePci interface uses a scatter-gather list to supply a miniport driver with an IRP data buffer. In my IMiniportWavePci::Init method, I must return a IDmaChannel interface. To obtain such interface, I us... 3 May 2006 19:57