First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Get date info from a file on unc path
When I use File.GetCreationTime or Directory.GetCreationTime or a FileInfo instance CreationTime (or LastWriteTime for any of them), they work fine for local files, but if I use a UNC path, I always get 12/31/1600 on all files, all kinds of dates. How can I get a correct date on a unc path? Thanks, Jon ... 2 Jun 2008 11:52
Creating Install for Services
I found it surprisingly unintuitive and difficult to get the installation code to work properly and I found very little help on the google groups so I figured I’d post the things that burned me so someone else doesn’t have to work through the same issues. I created a service using the wizard and then I added an I... 31 May 2008 21:06
VB.Net Checkbox values
Hello, I have a vb.net page which a bunch of checkboxes. A user can select a checkbox(s) and hit the submit button to store those values in a SQL Server table. This works fine with no problem the first time the user submits. However when user submits a second time while changing some of the selected boxes the pa... 20 Dec 2007 17:33
MSBuild Error MSB3422
Hi, I am getting the MSB3422 exception when trying to build a solution with MSBuild. Basically one of the dependencies is a C++ project which is not found when resolving references. The exception says: "The project is either missing from disk or access was denied" I have checked the security permissions - an... 27 Mar 2007 09:55
service controller
Hello everyone, I have this application that stops and starts IIS admin. When I try to stop the service. I get an error "Cannot open IISADMIN service on computer '.'.". I tried changing the machine name to my machine name then also it does not work. Below is the code ServiceController controller = n... 21 Mar 2007 06:34
session state information is corrupted
Hi, we are in the process of converting an existing web application to VS 2005 and 2.0 framework. We are getting errors that indicate there is a problem with session state: "The session state information is invalid and might be corrupted". The same code and data is working in 1.1 fine. I should also say tha... 9 Mar 2007 12:52
problem importing activex from Borland C++ Builder 6.0
help please.. :( I am recently trying to import ActiveX controls (done in Builder) to VSNET. I added it to VSNET Toolbox and dropped the control to a form. 1. It displayed an error message about " pClientSite == 0 || m_spClientSite == 0 @ c:program files\borland\cbuilder6\include\atl\atlctl.h/906 " 2. ... 6 Mar 2007 02:29
bug in System::DirectoryServices::Protocols::BerConverter::Decode?
I'm trying to use the BerDecoder, but even in the simple sample below, I get the exception "The "format" string contains an invalid character." Here is my sample code: byte[] integer1 = {1,2,3,4}; byte[] integer2 = {5,6,7,8}; Object[] data = { integer1, integer2 }; byte[] encodedBytes = System.DirectorySer... 9 Mar 2007 20:19
interop: problem importing Active X in C#
help please.. :( I am recently trying to import ActiveX controls (done in Builder) to VSNET. I added it to VSNET Toolbox and dropped the control to a form. 1. It displayed an error message about " pClientSite == 0 || m_spClientSite == 0 @ c:program files\borland\cbuilder6\include\atl\atlctl.h/906 " 2. It s... 1 Mar 2007 14:09
Debugging VB6 COM DLL from VS 2005
Hi. I followed the instructions on this article for debugging VB6 COM DLL, but when I tried to step into the VB6 code, it takes me to an assembly code. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811658 The instruction is not 100% precise with describing the VS settings. Please help. -- Be Cool! ... 26 Feb 2007 20:47