From: Ty Ford on
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:48:42 -0500, Phildo wrote
(in article <5vpcvsF1ngjbrU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:11:51 -0500, Phildo wrote
>>> (in article 5voi79F1nej56U1(a)mid.individual.net):

>>> Not helpful.
>>
>> That cheap shot about buying this EW mic pad/Eq is just another desperate
>> troll from what must be a really lonely guy. How many times does this guy
>> troll me in a week?
>
> Not nearly as many times as you deserve Arny.
>
> What part of "you shouldn't be posting here" do you not understand?
>
> Phildo

Again. Not helpful.

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

From: Ty Ford on
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:28:58 -0500, Phildo wrote
(in article <5vp4prF1ntngoU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:11:51 -0500, Phildo wrote
>> (in article <5voi79F1nej56U1(a)mid.individual.net>):
>>
>>> (I bet Arny & Bony have bought them).
>>
>> Not helpful.
>
> It's called humour (or humor for you septics). Arny and Bony are figures of
> fun on here and get lampooned as a result of their previous posting history
> where they clearly showed that a) they lacked live sound knowledge and b)
> were completely unaware of a) and thought they knew everything about live
> sound.
>
> Transplant surgery is coming on in leaps and bounds these days so we can
> only hope that one day they'll be able to give you a new sense of humour to
> replace yours which is obviously defective. Maybe then you can get over
> yourself and become a useful contributor.
>
> Phildo

:sigh: So after attacking Anry, you attack me. Again not helpful.

Your hurtful words may be funny to you, but they are still negative thoughts
that you should keep to yourself. Try a more positive approach.

From: Ty Ford on
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:15:07 -0500, Phildo wrote
(in article <5vpsjcF1mnt48U1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> "Ron(UK)" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> But arni or dobby aren't mentioned in a lot of threads until you bring
>> them into it. If you must find it necessary to take a shot at them, why
>> not just wait till one of them chimes in with inappropriate advice?
>
> I saw a good opportunity for a shot, I took it.
>
> If they did the decent thing and either stopped posting here or posted
> according to their live sound abilities there wouldn't be a problem. Instead
> of moaning at the person trying to clean up the mess why don't you help out
> yourself? Do you run out and shout at your dustmen?
>
> Phildo

You're not taking out the trash, you're creating and distributing it.

From: tbmoas58 on

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:28:58 -0500, Phildo wrote
> (in article <5vp4prF1ntngoU1(a)mid.individual.net>):
>

>> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:11:51 -0500, Phildo wrote
>>> (in article <5voi79F1nej56U1(a)mid.individual.net>):

>>> Not helpful.
>>
>> It's called humour (or humor for you septics). Arny and Bony are figures
>> of
>> fun on here and get lampooned as a result of their previous posting
>> history
>> where they clearly showed that a) they lacked live sound knowledge and b)
>> were completely unaware of a) and thought they knew everything about live
>> sound.
>>
>> Transplant surgery is coming on in leaps and bounds these days so we can
>> only hope that one day they'll be able to give you a new sense of humour
>> replace yours which is obviously defective. Maybe then you can get over
>> yourself and become a useful contributor.
>>
>> Phildo
>
> :sigh: So after attacking Anry, you attack me. Again not helpful.
>
> Your hurtful words may be funny to you, but they are still negative
> thoughts
> that you should keep to yourself. Try a more positive approach.
>
> Ty Ford

Still not helpful,Ty
if your going to lecture people , be sure your not part of the problem
yourself
I reconize I am part of the problem, and have tried to moderate , somewhat,
mostly keeping my flames focused on one or two especially ignorant
indviduals
George

From: gwatts on
mcsteve wrote:
> "gwatts" wrote:
>
>> Ok, Show of hands:
>> How many of you have (re)tuned a kick drum?
>>

> Like George said, it's up to the musician to tune
> his own instrument. Would you tune a guitar, if it was
> "out"? No. You mention it to the player, and hope he
> gets it right. Sometimes, a little diplomacy and
> coaxing is needed.

Sometimes the example by someone who has better experience is what's
needed. I've never just grabbed someone's gear and gone after it, I've
always suggested I be allowed to help and usually my offer is accepted,
especially when the band isn't traveling with instrument techs. More
than once I've helped out with someone's gear and been asked to come
along and help out for a few more gigs, which frequently led to a few
more gigs...

You guys must find it interesting or fun to watch bands flounder when
you know a little help would go along way. It must be gratifying to
know you're damaging someone's musical career because you're too burnt
out or too elitist to spend ten minutes helping someone get what they
need that day. 'hope he gets it right'? You gonna hope he stays in the
music business so you can hope he hires you again, too, or are you gonna
give him a friendly push in the right direction that may pay off when
he's making real money and remembers you as helpful?

> As far as the variables go and the need to adapt
> micing to get things dialed in....
> I work at a venue with a house drum kit. So, it is
> often the same kick drum on many nights. Even with
> all the gear being the same (drum, mic, environment, etc)
> a certain amount of flexibility is necessary. Some drummers
> have a heavy foot, others kick like a girl. I've had to suffer some
> really inept drummers who couldn't make a kick drum sound like one if
> their life depended on it.

And maybe you've figured out that not everything can be fixed by knob
twisting or patching in more gear, or standing around hoping he gets it
right.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: C Audio 4001 fuse