From: Ty Ford on
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:28:49 -0500, Phildo wrote
(in article <5vshpaF1ns5hcU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Ah well there you have it. Asking people to be less negative and be more
>> positive is something you don't find helpful. What a strange thought
>> process.
>
> No, what I don't find helpful is your condescending attitude. Get over
> yourself already.
>
> Phildo

there isn't any condescending attitude. What we're asking is that you stop
being carelessly abusive.

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

From: Ty Ford on
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:29:13 -0500, Phildo wrote
(in article <5vshpuF1neeogU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> There's nothing to get over. Try a more positive approach.
>
> Not helpful.
>
> Phildo

Better. Now try being more positive by offering something. Something
positive.

From: Ty Ford on
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:42:11 -0500, Phildo wrote
(in article <5vsiifF1o7d65U1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> The fact that you let him or anyone get to you that much is really
>> bizarre.
>
> Not really. I enjoy posting here and I used to enjoy it a lot more before
> Arnold arrived and fucked things up royally.

That may be your impression, but nobody, Arnie included, has fucked up
anything royally.

>> I think the group would be a lot better off if we all just rolled our eyes
>> and exhaled rather than putting every thought that occurs to us on the
>> page.
>
> Thanks you for your sanctimonious comments and advice. They have been given
> the due consideration they deserve and filed in the garbage where they
> belong.

there is no sanctimony. Curiously, you see Arnie as having fucked things up
royally and me being sanctimonious. It's like you have this filter through
which things appear bigger and worse than they really are.

> Do you not think in the 10 years I have been posting to this group that we
> haven't tried? I was here on day one of this group and it used to be a great
> place to talk audio until Arny arrived. Instead of whining at those trying
> to fix the problem I suggest you try to do something about it.

Arnie's presence here, while it appears a burden to you, is not the downfall
of this group. You have some bad chemistry with him. OK, So what. He's not
the only person who makes careless or uninformed posts here. It's a newsgroup
on the Internet. When I DO see a post that's wonky I try to correct the info
in another post, but demonizing anyone is a bit of a stretch. Besides, it
uses energy I'd much rather spend on other things.

>> A lot of these useless negative commennts fall into the "Too Much
>> Information" category
>>
>> A little self-editing goes a long way.
>
> So does a little humility and proper perspective. You might want to think
> about that.
>
> Phildo

I do. All the time. There's a lot that I think (depending on the day and
where my head's at) that doesn't make it to the computer.

And, btw, I really do appreciate the quality of your attention to this this
string.

Regards,

From: Denny Conn on
gwatts wrote:

> Ok, Show of hands:
> How many of you have (re)tuned a kick drum?

I have...of course, I was working as the drum roadie on that tour.

------->Denny
--
Life begins at 60...1.060, that is.
From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 24/01/08 23:03, in article 5vsg8qF1nt9amU1(a)mid.individual.net, "Phildo"
<Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote:

(...)

>>> What part of "you shouldn't be posting here" do you not understand?
>>>
>> Again. Not helpful.
>
> I disagree. The more times Arnold is told he shouldn't be posting here the
> more likely it is to sink in.

I don't know... Take kids for example: the more often you tell them not to
do something, the more likely they are to do it. Attraction of the
forbidden. A certain apple comes to mind...

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11