From: Petzl on
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:47:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Pretzl wrote
>> Terryc <newsfourspam-spam(a)woa.com.au> wrote

>>> Examples please?
>
>> Where you and I live (Outer Sydney Metro) as example
>
>That is a bare faced lie with dialup, fool.
>
>> Telstra have one Exchange in Campbeltown
>> (The local Schools though have optic fibre?)
>
>Like hell they do.

For suburbs Campbelltown,Bradbury, St Helens Park, Marsden Park,
Ambarvale. Rosemeadow, Glen Alpine and many more have only one
exchange with poor communication

>> Cross Appin Road (A magic Line/dead zone) to say Glen Alpine
>> and most cannot even get a dial-up modem to connect,
>
>That is a bare faced lie.

Something to do with Twisted Pair (?) connections and availability is
limited for dial-up to only a few

>> If one can get ADSL2+ the speed is not enough to get a decent feed for YouTube video
>
>Another bare faced lie.

Not a continuous feed it goes a second stops for 30 and so on (I live
there so I know)

>> I did try State MP's for and Federal offices all Girls manning
>> the Phones in various offices said they had the same problem.
>
>Every single one eh ? Yeah, right.

Everyone I spoke to as well as colleagues most just use Wireless for
Internet

>> This is an area with populations greater than Wollongong
>> and in a major world capital Sydney (not the "bush")
>
>Pity you are lying about dialup.

I explained above. The scenario I see Telstra has been given for free
the copper wires and like most given something free don't look after
it

>> I visited friends in NZ country areas they seem to be on Copper wire
>> in small villages but have an 'optic fiber point' on corner into village
>
>We do too, they are called RIMs, fool.

Not enough apparently try Engin or Innet type in a number and see

>> they call it VDLS2 but works well and "naked dsl" is the go for NZ$8 a month
>
>Another pig ignorant lie.

The NZ$8 a month for VOIP only connection?
Look yourself
http://www.kiwilink.co.nz/voip.php
Many are retires who just want Phone not internet and this is adequate
Something denied to most in Sydney suburbs

>> (most companies with decent broadband use this and it works well)
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high_speed_digital_subscriber_line_2

Petzl
--
The National Security Hotline
Terrorism
From: Petzl on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:14:35 -0800 (PST), Addinall
<addinall(a)addinall.org> wrote:

>> Where you and I live (Outer Sydney Metro) as example
>> Telstra have one Exchange in Campbeltown (The local Schools though
>> have optic fibre?)
>> Cross Appin Road (A magic Line/dead zone) to say Glen Alpine and most
>> cannot even get a dial-up modem to connect, If one can get ADSL2+ the
>> speed is not enough to get a decent feed for YouTube video
>
>ADSL2+ is not on offer in Glen Alpine. The exchanges have not been
>upgraded. Standard DSL is available over copper in the area.
>Bloody expensive however.
>
>Mark Addina

I'm actually in Glen Alpine and have ASDL2+(but don't know anyone else
who is? Maybe the odd exception?), the poor connection I'm told is
because I'm 4.7K away (as the copperwire goes) from the Campbelltown
exchange. Many cannot even get Dial-up (don't know about DSL?)
I think this video is similar to the system NZ uses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MlEXDV52OQ
Petzl
--
Our parliaments need to obey our Constitutions,
the judiciary must apply the law
From: Addinall on
On Feb 7, 12:54 pm, Petzl <pet...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:14:35 -0800 (PST), Addinall
>
> <addin...(a)addinall.org> wrote:
> >> Where you and I live (Outer Sydney Metro) as example
> >> Telstra have one Exchange in Campbeltown (The local Schools though
> >> have optic fibre?)
> >> Cross Appin Road (A magic Line/dead zone) to say Glen Alpine and most
> >> cannot even get a dial-up modem to connect, If one can get ADSL2+ the
> >> speed is not enough to get a decent feed for YouTube video
>
> >ADSL2+ is not on offer in Glen Alpine.  The exchanges have not been
> >upgraded.  Standard DSL is available over copper in the area.
> >Bloody expensive however.
>
> >Mark Addina
>
> I'm actually in Glen Alpine and have ASDL2+(but don't know anyone else
> who is? Maybe the odd exception?),

Your odd alright.
You might be on a boundary.
http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewexchange.php?Exchange=CBTN

> the poor connection I'm told is
> because I'm 4.7K away (as the copperwire goes) from the Campbelltown
> exchange. Many cannot even get Dial-up (don't know about DSL?)

Bullshit. You can get dial up from Elcho Island.

Mark Addinall.

From: Petzl on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:22:12 -0800 (PST), Addinall
<addinall(a)addinall.org> wrote:

>> the poor connection I'm told is
>> because I'm 4.7K away (as the copperwire goes) from the Campbelltown
>> exchange. Many cannot even get Dial-up (don't know about DSL?)
>
>Bullshit. You can get dial up from Elcho Island.
>
>Mark Addinall.

Not everyone from Glen Alpine
From what I have seen is all the wires go down a fair size hole and a
main cable then goes to the Campbelltown Exchange
Petzl
--
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm
From: Rod Speed on
Pretzl wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Pretzl wrote
>>> Terryc <newsfourspam-spam(a)woa.com.au> wrote

>>> Where you and I live (Outer Sydney Metro) as example

>> That is a bare faced lie with dialup, fool.

>>> Telstra have one Exchange in Campbeltown
>>> (The local Schools though have optic fibre?)

>> Like hell they do.

> For suburbs Campbelltown,Bradbury, St Helens Park, Marsden
> Park, Ambarvale. Rosemeadow, Glen Alpine and many more
> have only one exchange with poor communication

Dailup works anyway.

>>> Cross Appin Road (A magic Line/dead zone) to say Glen Alpine
>>> and most cannot even get a dial-up modem to connect,

>> That is a bare faced lie.

> Something to do with Twisted Pair (?) connections and availability is limited for dial-up to only a few

That is a bare faced pig ignorant lie.

>>> If one can get ADSL2+ the speed is not enough to get a decent feed for YouTube video

>> Another bare faced lie.

> Not a continuous feed it goes a second stops for 30 and so on (I live there so I know)

Like hell you do with dialup, fool.

>>> I did try State MP's for and Federal offices all Girls manning
>>> the Phones in various offices said they had the same problem.

>> Every single one eh ? Yeah, right.

> Everyone I spoke to as well as colleagues most just use Wireless for Internet

So your original was a bare faced lie.

>>> This is an area with populations greater than Wollongong
>>> and in a major world capital Sydney (not the "bush")

>> Pity you are lying about dialup.

> I explained above.

Nope, just lied again.

> The scenario I see Telstra has been given for free the copper
> wires and like most given something free don't look after it

How odd that dailup and adsl works fine over it.

>>> I visited friends in NZ country areas they seem to be on Copper wire
>>> in small villages but have an 'optic fiber point' on corner into village

>> We do too, they are called RIMs, fool.

> Not enough apparently try Engin or Innet type in a number and see

Nothing to see on your stupid lie about dialup.

>>> they call it VDLS2 but works well and "naked dsl" is the go for NZ$8 a month

>> Another pig ignorant lie.

> The NZ$8 a month for VOIP only connection?

Nothing like your previous lie.

> Look yourself
> http://www.kiwilink.co.nz/voip.php
> Many are retires who just want Phone not internet and this is adequate

But nothing like your previous lie.

> Something denied to most in Sydney suburbs

Another bare faced lie with wireless.

>>> (most companies with decent broadband use this and it works well)
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high_speed_digital_subscriber_line_2

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: How frustrating