From: Petzl on
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 05:15:00 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Terryc wrote:
>> Petzl wrote:
>
>>> I'm actually in Glen Alpine and have ASDL2+(but don't know anyone else who is? Maybe the odd exception?), the poor
>>> connection I'm told is because I'm 4.7K away (as the copperwire goes) from the Campbelltown exchange. Many cannot
>>> even get Dial-up (don't know about DSL?)
>
>> Umm, I think this is an own goal comment.
>
>Corse it is.
>
>> I suspect you mean dial up at max/useable speed.
>
>Nope, he claimed the dialup modem wont synch up.

You are putting in words I never said

>He's so stupid that he doesnt realise that just because one particular
>modem has a problem, that does not mean that they all do there.
>
>> If the copper phone works, then they can get dial up.
>
>And clearly it works well enough for DSL2 too.

Not very well (if/when it does) Wireless is the better option
Telstra though charge the same price for lines that just don't cut it

>> The problem these days is that peeps haven't a clue on how to tweak their modems for noisey lines to get best thru
>> put.
>
>Or even which modems do better with those lines.

Most computers come with a modem/fax why does one want another?

>And it isnt usually noisy lines either, and cant be with the stupid claim that
>most cant even get dialup, nowhere has such a high percentage of noisy lines.
>
>Most likely its actually due to a few modem chipsets having a problem
>with a particular type of line off RIMs or older pre RIM technology.
>
>> From when I ran a couple of BBSs (over a decade ago), I don't remember
>> anyone specifically have dial up problems that they couldn't connect.
>
>Yeah, we would have heard about that area if that was so.
>
>We certainly did with Brizvegas that did have a problem with the highest
>connect speeds, due to longer non copper lines being more common there.

Glen Alpine was not there when TC run a BBS

>> OTOH, with so much bloating around. it can be boringly slow when
>> things do work. So what was acceptale them, probably isn't now and
>> Telstras voice line standards are not tat much better than before.
>
>He did stupidly claim that the modem wont even connect at all.

Never did, I said many could not connect because of the way the phone
lines are configured
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right
From: Petzl on
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 08:12:03 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Pretzl wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> Corse it is.

>>> Nope, he claimed the dialup modem wont synch up.
>
>> You are putting in words I never said
>
>You're lying, as always. YOU said

>http://groups.google.com/group/aus.politics/msg/75f9a9313cd2fe14

Which is correct and factual
Petzl
--
"When Governments fail to enforce law and order, common folk take it upon themselves to do so."
From: Rod Speed on
Pretzl wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Pretzl wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> You are putting in words I never said

>> You're lying, as always. YOU said

>> http://groups.google.com/group/aus.politics/msg/75f9a9313cd2fe14

> Which is correct and factual

Nope, its another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

Bet most of them cant even manage to configure their modems properly
and it isnt even detecting dial tone properly and thats why it doesnt connect.

From: Terryc on
Rod Speed wrote:
> Terryc wrote:

>> If the copper phone works, then they can get dial up.
>
> And clearly it works well enough for DSL2 too.

hahahahha, How's your foot?
Petzl at least has the credibility of actually living in the area and
being aware of local conditions, such as all cabling back to the
exchange running through the floor of a valley which currently would
have very high water saturation and be considerably wet most of the time.

As to cable age, quite possibly a major factor, plus his area is
infested with contract cable technicians, which are a major quality
problem in themselves.

I recently found out about someone in the area who has been on a
satellite phone provided by Telstra for the last 18months as Telstra
could not find a still workable pair in the twenty pair cable that ran
past his house.
From: Petzl on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:55:51 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I recently found out about someone in the area who has been on a
>> satellite phone provided by Telstra for the last 18months as Telstra
>> could not find a still workable pair in the twenty pair cable that ran
>> past his house.
>
>Yes, you do sometimes get stuff like that, but the bulk of the
>phone users in that area do not have that problem, fuckwit.

You never get out and meet people do you Rod
No girl friend yet?
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right