From: //o//annabee on
P� Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:37:23 +0100, skrev CodeMonk <jascwa(a)yahoo.com>:

> //\\o//\\annabee wrote:
>>
>> files present in the MASM32 download, because we have Herberts answer
>> from M$ that this is illegal _even_ to download.
>
> Ya know, that doesn't really make sense. I understand that your
> Microsoft subsidiary there says that it is illegal to even download.
>
> I read the EULA and as far as I can tell, it plainly states that
> depending on where you obtain the software, local laws may apply. I did
> not see anything which says it cannot be obtained from any location
> other than the US or Canada.
>
> That said, if it is illegal to download there, then there must be some
> law which makes it that way. So has anyone figured out which law it is
> that makes the Microsoft subsidiary there correct in their assertion
> that it is illegal to download and/or use?
>
> - Scott
>
> PS: Side note - who is Crime&Co? Betov refers to it often, but I'll be
> darned if I can figure out who he's referring to?

Crime&Co is people who take money for hurting other people, in the long
term, instead of taking money for helping people. E.g. people who
compromize the quality of a product based on competition logic, and take
money for this. They are now in the majority. To such an extent that a LOT
of the food you eat, contains fats, and various substances that are proven
to destroy your body. This is no generally agreed definition. Its how I
look at it. In the real life, it takes time to prove theese claims, and
years of fighting, with smaller and smaller resources for the conserned to
fight to abandon the various dangerous substances. It is a loosing fight
if the laws and sivil rights of people are not strengthend. So while
people working for "crime&co" may claim on various issues that they do
everything they can to uphold the law, this is not the effect of what we
see happening. What we see happening is that they find any loophole
possible in order to push to lower and lower quality, at the expense of
customers. This is btw, completly logical in such a system, and known
since 2xx+ years at least.

About the download. As far as I have picked up, (I have no lawer to verify
for me) I can only download MASM from anywhere, if I have a licence for
one of M$ larger dev packages. e.g VC or something. And of course, I do
not. Even if I had, it is still technically illegal for Hutch to
distribute MASM. And this means that it also is technically illegal to
download it from him. As the laws (which I rather dont agree with) now
transfer the responsibility onto the users. (Depends on country or region
you live in).
From: Ratch on

"Betov" <betov(a)free.fr> wrote in message
> Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:tk6Fi.3202$qV3.200
> @trndny02:
>
>> Clearly (although he doesn't say so), he meant
>> post "the complete code" and doesn't accept posting a link as "coming up
>> with". You may not agree, I may not agree, but Wannabee claims you
>> haven't "come up with" the code
>
> Where did you saw Hutch posting any Link? The closest he came
> to, was to say that some MASM32 examples are from his hand.
> Which are? [Admitting that someone would accept downloading
> an illegal package...].

What is everyone squawking about? You can download MASM "legally" from
MS. They are giving it away. Then download just the code Hutch wrote from
his site. Then have at it.

Ratch

From: Betov on
hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com> �crivait news:1189433509.904574.303910
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> smile,
>
>>> Can't RotAsm do these thing with its pre-processor ?
>>
>> do what?
>
> Exactly. Time to start chewin that hat.

No sorry, RosAsm does not eat hats. It only can do coffea and pizzas.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com> �crivait news:1189433809.035327.152070
@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

> smile,
>
>> > The only thing trailing is your chewin to help poor Wannabee.
>>
>> Always glad to help poor Wannabee, but it is difficult for
>> him to loose a challenge that you have taken, and that you
>> refuse to assume.
>
> You would best help poor Wannabee by chewin his hat for him as its
> clear that he is afraid to download masm32 from www.masm32.com

1) He is right with being affraid of downloading illegal stuff.

2) There is no challenge about downloading your illegal stuff,
but about *you* posting some of *your* *complete* examples.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: //o//annabee on
P� Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:51:07 +0100, skrev hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com>:

> Wannabee is sprouting bullsh*t because he is trying to avoid the
> consequences of a challenge that he made then realised he could not
> win it.

You are the one "sprouting bullsh*t" here. Your one answer to the
challenge was dead before it it hit the ground. You are unable to admit
it. But thats nothing new with you. You are unable to admit si many
things; like for instance: illegal redistribution of pirated software. You
socalled MASM32 package, that according to Herbert the German division of
Microsoft has deemed illegal to download, etc etc ..