From: hutch-- on
www.masm32.com

From: //o//annabee on
P� Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:11:49 +0100, skrev hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com>:

> smile,
>
>>> Can't RotAsm do these thing with its pre-processor ?
>>
>> do what?
>
> Exactly. Time to start chewin that hat.

What did you mean by "theese things" ?
From: CodeMonk on
hutch-- wrote:

> Don't take anyones word on it, actually read the enclosed EULA
> yourself and you will understand why Herbert is talking nonsense.

OK, I'll put my bifocals on and practice my EULA-FU. Try as I might,
I must be missing something, because as you mentioned either here, or
on the board, it is surely seems generous enough.

- Scott
From: //o//annabee on
P� Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:21:32 +0100, skrev hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com>:

> Which one did you have in mind. Wannabee refuses to download masm32 at
> www.masm32.com so he loses as he has not done what he claims.

I do not refuse this on principle. I just cannot do this, because it is
illegal, according to Herbert after corresponding with Microsoft themself.

Havent you seen Herberts postings on the matter?

And even if I could, if it would have become legal, it is still an open
question if it could be legal to translate the sources to RosAsm, and or
if they would be selfcontained sources. And you would also have to
identify the ones you wanted me to translate, as otherwise I would just
pick the ones I wanted, and you would possibly fail automatically. The one
you posted, doesnt answer the challange for instance, and if theres 20
more like that one... the thing is automatically settled to my "advantage".

So how about volume down on "hateating" and pushing the sources right in
here instead. :)

What have you got to loose?

From: CodeMonk on
//\\o//\\annabee wrote:

> He just wanted the answer they had. He wanted the facts. Which clearly
> stated it was illegal to DOWNLOAD the MASM distribution from your site.

OK then. Assuming what you say is true, then can you not download it
directly from Microsoft? I understand the purist C-Side-Toy
perspective, but is it legal to download MASM?

Would not Microsoft there provide any justification for their
position? Since Herbert didn't actually post his questions, only the
responding to. Maybe they were confused by the question - to vague,
to much info, etc.

Even so, since one could clearly assume that at least one of the MASM
team at Microsoft would surely lurk here, why would they not just post
an official statement and clear this point of contention?

- Scott