First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Windows opens desktop.ini
Hello, I recently installed a service pack to my one of my old software apps. But now when my machine boots up notepad opens up two instances of two different desktop.ini files. One ini file is located in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Dave\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini and the other is located in t... 2 Nov 2009 13:31
Aborted XP Home Repair - Now stuck in "setup is being restarted...."loop
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\SystemSetupInProgress The SystemSetupInProgress 0x1 value signals to the operating system that the setup in in progress. John Raymond wrote: My last attempt... I removed the disk from the PC and installed it on another computer, then, I started RegEdit and loaded the ... 2 Nov 2009 06:50
Remote desktop/Help Assistant problem
I am running Win XP Pro and currently noticed that HelpAssistant kept appearing in my users group.. I found that Remote Desktop was enabled and disabled it.. whenever I reboot, it appears with HelpAssistant and is once again checked. How can I keep it disabled? thank you ... 28 Oct 2009 19:38
SP3 Fails during Install
I'm trying to update Windows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr. 080814-1233: Service Pack 2) from a purchased Microsoft CD of SP3 (Internet connection to slow for downloads). Everything backs up fine and then goes to the Install phase. About 2 minutes into the Install at the Registry part everythin... 28 Oct 2009 12:55
Printer - Error installing UPS Thermal 2844 printer.
I am getting an error message when trying to install a UPS Thermal 2844 printer. Message is "Add Printer Wizard" "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed." I downloaded the Zebra driver for this printer and it did install and the printer does print, however When I use the drivers from the... 28 Oct 2009 19:38
local area connection disabled at boot
I have a home computer, a work computer and an Acer laptop which has an inbuilt Broadcom modem and a wireless modem. The 3 machines are on a home network and are all hardwired to a router attached to the work computer. Two computers have XP Home SP3 and the laptop has XP Pro SP3Wireless on the laptop is disabled becau... 28 Oct 2009 07:22
Don't cringe - any simple steps to 'connecting' two home computers (same house)?
I have a new Dell mini and a business HP Desktop, both XP Pro. Because I utilize adaptive software (ZoomText, Dragon, Kurzweil 1000, etc), I need to have some access to at least a few folders in Word that are on my desktop computer when using my laptop (I have learned it isn't wise to be away w/o one's compute... 29 Oct 2009 01:10
olevia 242-t11 firmware upgrade
can anyone please tell me where i can upgrade my firmware as syntax olevia went bankrupt and no longer has the website. ... 28 Oct 2009 10:41
Internet connection disconnected when VPN connection enabled
Hi, I am using a VPN connection in my system. After connecting to VPN, my internet connection gets closed. I need to work on both VPN & internet connection at a time. Also I have cleared the Setting "Use default gateway on remote computer" option in VPN TCP/IP properties. Can anyone help me how to enable bo... 26 Oct 2009 16:44
Windows XP Stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
Hey I've looked through the other threads but haven't found a solution to my problem. I have a fujisu siemens amilo laptop. Earlier today I got a message that there was a task error on google chrome and the program had to be exited, after i clicked ok on the message I could still use google chrome, however when ... 20 Oct 2009 22:21