First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Upgrading from XP SP2 to Vista Basic
My Scenario: PC (Dell C521) infected with malware and I have just clean installed XP SP2 onto it. I now want to upgrade this to Vista Basic from an upgrade disc shipped by Dell with the original PC. Question: Should I download all XP updates post SP2 before performing the upgrade or should I upgrade immediately... 6 Dec 2009 17:17
HP Recovery disks leave screen black.
I have a HP Pavilion a1610n Desktop computer, Product Number RC652AA, Serial Number CNH6320HW2. The original HP Recovery disks 1 and 2 , HP5013-7947, Build 64NAemMPA3 did the initial reformat and went through the normal process including setting up Windows XP for my personal preferences and after it finished as... 6 Dec 2009 22:47
Delete pagefile.sys
I want to delete my pagefile and can not do Chanding to no page file and rebooting does not delete the page file tried everything , when I tried to delete it , it tell some other program is using it Tried deleting it in safe mode no good. There must be a away to delete I can scan for it and it shows where it is... 6 Dec 2009 20:37
UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? ... 7 Dec 2009 12:56
unable to gain access to files from external HD
hello please can you help me.. ive just had a new windows xp installed..due to the old one being not genuine.. well i copped all my stuff to an external HD . now i cant open some things off the external HD with the new windows...this is what i get. -Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in ... 8 Dec 2009 08:37
STOP codes 0x0000000A, 0x000000D1, 0x000000CE
Five days ago, my computer was working fine. I didn't install anything new, or purposely update anything either. Suddenly though, the internet stopped working after I got a BSOD and the STOP code 0x000000CE. However, the internet worked fine in safe mode, and it still works fine in safe mode. In an attempt to fix ... 10 Dec 2009 11:13
SP2 takes space on C ?
I have downloaded SP2 and saved it in part. K where my OS Xp are. Part C. have limited space. If I open SP2 in K, will it take space in C? ... 5 Dec 2009 10:45
where is 'STD11N.MSI'
I am having this problem as well. However the puzzling thing is that when the message appears I am using Office 2007. - I have searched the 2007 installation disk for the file. - Their are other .MSI files on the disk, but not this particular one. - Word 2003 was on the machine when purchased and the restoratio... 3 Dec 2009 07:03
Chkdsk hung after finishing
I have a work issued laptop that has a "super user account" for support and my account called admin (with reduced rights). My PC was acting a bit flaky so I scheduled a chkdsk and rebooted. All went well and no issues were found. The disk was pronounced clean and some other verbiage followed by .... (four dots)... 2 Dec 2009 14:25
We spam XP!
I never posted even once in your worthless group. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est The Doctor wrote: From http <snip> Top posters This month 65 l.g...(a)invalid.invalid <snip> ... 1 Dec 2009 17:19