First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
AV software of Microsoft
I have no internet connection.My computer is heavily corrupted by virus.I use win xp home.I want to use AV software provided by Microsoft.How? ... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
Adobe Reader download problems
Can anyone help. I have a personal computer, windows XP. having difficulty in downloading the latest version of Adobe Reader 9. I had similar issues trying to download the flashplayer but used the 'trouble shooting' link on the Adobe website to download it. I have searched for the same kind of problem link for... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everyt... 6 Jan 2010 15:27
Explorer tries to write DLLs when searching Windows
When using 'My Computer' to Search for any file name in the C:\WINDOWS directory, Explorer (not IE) tries to write a number of files. (Details at end) It does this _only_ when searching C:\WINDOWS. I tried searching other directories and it keeps quiet. So a number of questions arise: * Is this expected ... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
How to detect if hardware is Wake-on-LAN able ? network cardor BIOS feature?
The Network Adapter *and* the motherboard must both allow this. If the computer is ACPI compliant it is WOL capable, look in the "Computer" section of the Device Manager to see if the computer is ACPI compliant. If the computer is ACPI compliant then you can verify if there are WOL settings for the network ad... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
koe.exe
Hello. Yesterday I managed to instal XP Professional on my computer and from the begginning I need to deal with some troubles. When I start my computer, Windows is showing me error message, that could not find the 'koe.exe' file which should have been placed in Documents and settings (according to this messa... 6 Jan 2010 12:02
How to detect if hardware is Wake-on-LAN able ? network card or BIOS feature?
Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find out if the hardware supports Wake-on-lan? Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the network card? Camille ... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
Help! Blue screen ! Windows XP only run in safe Mode !
WindowsXP SP2 cannot run in normal mode , It become blue screen after a minute or later, Now It can only run in Safe Mode ! I get some Dump files and blue screen viewer (file attached) , Can anyone help ! *(Sorry for my poor English !)* +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filena... 11 Jan 2010 08:40
WinXP password
I recently decided I needed a password to protect XP. As administrator, I went to Ctrl Panel/User Accounts and entered a password and confirmed it. Since then, nothing has changed when I start my WinXP Home/SP3. It's as though I had never made the change. Have I missed something? Thanks, Jim. ... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
Restore Backup Files
Hi there I have posted this question to the XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows XP General Discussion board as suggested by other users. Some time ago I set up the Backup feature on Windows XP Pro so that my laptop data got backed up daily to an external hard drive. The laptop was recently stolen but th... 6 Jan 2010 09:54