From: Bob Eager on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:22:20 +0000, Indi wrote:

> On 2010-05-09, Balwinder S Dheeman <bsd.SANSPAM(a)anu.homelinux.net>
> wrote:

>>> It seems you're very concerned that everyone knows you're not merely
>>> another user who wants big change, but a Very Important Long Time user
>>> who wants big change.
>>>
>>> But frankly, you come off as someone who was doing alright until you
>>> made the mistake of buying some hardware without checking whether or
>>> not it was suitable for use with FreeBSD and then you went into
>>> tantrum mode. Or worse, someone just telling stories.
>>>
>>> If you're so happy with Ubuntu, I don't see why you're so determined
>>> to sit around here running down FreeBSD. Makes you look like a troll,
>>> really...
>>
>> Please not, that calling someone, to whom you don't know, merely by
>> guesswork is a sheer foolishness and that too publically.
>>

> I think "by a preponderance of evidence" is more accurate than "by
> guesswork" in this case. In any event, he is clearly desperate to sell a
> story which is OT here.

Please post the evidence for your accusations against me. There is none.

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1976)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

From: Indi on
On 2010-05-09, Bob Eager <rde42(a)spamcop.net> wrote:

> Then you are completely wrong. You are answering the wrong person.

Hey you got that backwards, Bob!
The post you're replying to was not adress to you.

> It would do, if any of that were true. Look back, check the facts, and
> apologise please.

I require no apology, you made a mistake. We all do that sometimes.

--
Caveat utilitor,
indi

From: Bob Eager on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 20:52:44 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

> On Sun, 09 May 2010 16:20:16 +0000, Indi wrote:

>>> Apparently i am beating you, i began using FreeBSD with the 2.2.5 in
>>> 1997.
>>>

>> It seems you're very concerned that everyone knows you're not merely
>> another user who wants big change, but a Very Important Long Time user
>> who wants big change.
>
> Then you are completely wrong. You are answering the wrong person. Go
> back and read it again. I don't WANT to use Ubuntu, I LIKE FreeBSD, and
> I'm happy with it.
>
>> But frankly, you come off as someone who was doing alright until you
>> made the mistake of buying some hardware without checking whether or
>> not it was suitable for use with FreeBSD and then you went into tantrum
>> mode. Or worse, someone just telling stories.
>
> But I never said any such thing. I repeat, you have the WRONG PERSON. I
> always check my hardware before I buy it, and I've never had ANY problem
> (except one one occasion, and then I just modified the FreeBSD device
> driver to make it work).
>
>> If you're so happy with Ubuntu, I don't see why you're so determined to
>> sit around here running down FreeBSD. Makes you look like a troll,
>> really...
>
> It would do, if any of that were true. Look back, check the facts, and
> apologise please.

My apology instead! Sorry, I misread the attribution, not you! I am very
sorry....

Actually, I started using some kind of BSD before Mr Talon, I
suspect...around 20 years before 1997...

From: Indi on
On 2010-05-09, Bob Eager <rde42(a)spamcop.net> wrote:

> My apology instead! Sorry, I misread the attribution, not you! I am very
> sorry....

No problem. :)

> Actually, I started using some kind of BSD before Mr Talon, I
> suspect...around 20 years before 1997...

I do believe you've got us all beat.

--
Caveat utilitor,
indi

From: Bob Eager on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 21:01:42 +0000, Indi wrote:

> On 2010-05-09, Bob Eager <rde42(a)spamcop.net> wrote:
>>
>> My apology instead! Sorry, I misread the attribution, not you! I am
>> very sorry....
>>

> No problem. :)
>
>> Actually, I started using some kind of BSD before Mr Talon, I
>> suspect...around 20 years before 1997...
>>

> I do believe you've got us all beat.

I doubt it...there'll be someone from Bell Labs along soon! .-)

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1976)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org