First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
JSP Web-Development [newbie]
Dear Group, 1. At the beginning I'd like to apologize you for any mistakes or misunderstood's, which might occur in message below, but I'm a quite beginner in JSP so maybe some of my problems aren't really problems ;) My Java knowledge is intermediate, but the structures of JSP or JSF or any other frameworks is ... 1 Aug 2010 20:16
Programming Java 3D API Book Recommendation
"Martijn Mulder" <i@m> schreef in bericht news:4c1cd5fa$0$77902$dbd4b001(a)news.wanadoo.nl... What is the best book on programming the Java 3D API? I am experienced in OpenGL, DirectX and XNA in other settings. I have the book 'The Java 3D API Specification, Second Edition from Sun. What book can you... 28 Jul 2010 16:15
Writing a front-end
Hello, I'm writing a front-end to a library (that's in a jar file). The library actually comes in two forms, an open-source one and a commercial one with extra functionality. Does that mean I have to have two frontends, one for each version? I have access to both versions myself but some of my supposed users o... 31 Jul 2010 00:00
send SMS in Java/Linux
Hello, I would like to create a server that can send SMS on Linux (or windows). I don't want to pay a provider on the Web and I would like to use my own mobile phone chip as a "SMS modem". So do you know if there exist easy solutions to connect, recognise a mobile phone with the chip to the PC and then control... 1 Aug 2010 18:05
Java IO compared to NIO
This presentation compares Java synchronous (java.io.*) to asynchronous (java.nio.*) I/O in a high volume SMTP application, finding a measurable benefit for the former with modern threading libraries and multi-core machines. <http://www.mailinator.com/tymaPaulMultithreaded.pdf> Some discussion may be found ... 1 Aug 2010 00:51
Why do I get a null URL here?
Hello, I have a class XPathTests that lives in the package tests_xpath. In the same folder I also have an XML file, BIOMD0000000011.xml Now I tried to get an URL to that file by doing the following: URL url = XPathTests.classs.getResource("BIOMD0000000011.xml"); but null is returned. I tried a few variants: ... 29 Jul 2010 21:47
io - subStream or subReader class?
I've looked in the standard libraries, and Apache. I want a Reader (or Stream) that provides a view onto PART of an existing Reader (or Stream) defined by an offset and a size. Such an implementation would be very useful to me, e.g. for decoding some JPEG data (using a standard JPEG stream decoder) where the ... 28 Jul 2010 09:37
When String.hashCode() returns 0 (Was: what the benefit is byusing annotation, like "@Immutable" ?)
Daniel Pitts <newsgroup.spamfilter(a)virtualinfinity.net> wrote: 3. The string is long enough that s[0]*31^(length-1) is close enough to, or over 2^32, and the rest of the characters add up just right. It's clear, that any 0-hashCode string with at least one non-\0 char would have to have some minimum leng... 27 Jul 2010 09:29
JMX & tomcat
Hi, I have Tomcat5 server and Java 1.6 jdk. Im using lambda probe for profilling. Please tell me how to activate JMX for above configuration. I am not finding the jmxremote.access & jmxremote.password file in my CATALINA_HOME/conf/ directory. ... 27 Jul 2010 06:14
Searching tool to find a certain class in all available *.jars
Assume I have mutliple Java SE/Java EE installations of different releases mit many, many *.jars on my hard disc. These *.jars are not necessarily mentioned in my CLASSPATH. Ok, now I want to know which of all these *.jars contain a certain class e.g. myobject.class resp. aaa.bbb.ccc.myobject.class Is there a ... 27 Jul 2010 05:08