First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Threads reading a file at the same time
I'm not sure about this one. The basic IDE hard drive hasn't got the capability to read from two disk locations at the same time has it? Modern SSD drives may have. This lock is stating that multiple reads are ok, but just one write at a time is ok: http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/concu... 4 Aug 2010 19:03
How do I rewrite this in a cleaner way?
Hello, I have a large set of strings and I need to find all combinations of two of those string and perform an algorithm on them (the algorithm is actually an XQuery that runs over a large dataset so I won't post that here). The combinations foo-bar and bar-foo are considered to be equal so only one should be g... 29 Jul 2010 19:35
ScheduledExecutorService very inaccurate?
Hi, i'm using a ScheduledExecutorService to schedule a task. The problem is, that the task gets execute about 10 - 20 percent too late, e.g. when I schdule it with 20 s delay, it gets executed after 24 s. Is this "normal"? Here is the testcode: package com.foo; import static junit.framework.Assert.... 1 Aug 2010 09:24
CyaSSL Java SSL Provider Alpha
yaSSL has released an Alpha of an SSL Provider for Java. Currently supporting Mac and Linux operating systems, our provider enables Java developers to use the CyaSSL library through the javax.net.ssl package. By using this, Java developers can use familiar syntax and API calls to gain the speed and size advantage... 29 Jul 2010 12:58
Need tool to find necessary "import" statements for given javasource;
Raymond Schanks wrote: I often see java [sic] source code snippets on web pages/tutorials. Unfortunately the are shown WITHOUT the necessary "import" statements Cross-posting is not sinful, and your use of followup is good, but it still is overkill. You'll be fine just posting to one group, clj.help in this... 29 Jul 2010 09:40
Need tool to find necessary "import" statements for given java source;
I often see java source code snippets on web pages/tutorials. Unfortunately the are shown WITHOUT the necessary "import" statements at the top. Is there a tool which inspects such a java source and (depending on the java version) suggests the required "import" statement? Sometimes the java sample code is java 1... 29 Jul 2010 07:28
Rapid development of desktop-like web apps
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a visual IDE (RAD) that would allow me the rapid development of desktop-like web applications, with windows interface. The application should essentially have CRUD functionality for records management in relational databases, displaying data in tabular form, master/details and as... 29 Jul 2010 05:18
Testing As Proof
I'm working on implementing a B+tree and I'd like to be a little more rigorous with testing than I have in the past. What I'd like to do is write tests that prove the validity of the algorithm. The algorithm works, mind you, but I don't feel like I can prove it. I want than a bug stomping test suite. I want te... 13 Aug 2010 16:50
DecimalFormat
If you wanted to trim trailing 0s from a string representation of a number after the decimal point, can you do it directly with DecimalFormat, or do you need to do String operations on the result? -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com You encapsulate not just to save typing, but more import... 29 Jul 2010 19:35
Apache Tomcat https link goes down but http works
I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of java software. I have both https and http. This is production system. We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I invoke http link; web site is up' why? ... 28 Jul 2010 20:39