First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Splitting a string into columns
Hi, A cell has the following string: 1-5 3-4 12-2 1-3 5 ie. pairs of numbers separated by a hyphen and an odd lone number at the end of the string This needs to be converted into columns and rows as follows: 1 5 3 4 12 2 1 3 5 Each hyphenated pair into two c... 1 May 2010 00:05
refresh linked query
i have a pivot table in an excel sheet that is linked to an access database. i would like to program a macro to refresh the pivot table. i thought the following would work, but it does not: FinalRowFRONT = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("a" & FinalRowFRONT).Select Selection.Quer... 1 May 2010 06:34
Accessing the Data Connection Strings and Command Text (SQL) i
And maybe you got it right! Until we hear back from the OP, probably won't know. Often 2 or 3 people read the same request and each has a slightly different interpretation of the needs/desires. In either case, hopefully he gets the help he's looking for. "AB" wrote: Perhaps JLatham understood your post c... 30 Apr 2010 17:27
what besides displayalerts statement
How can I avoid this message when running my macro. The value(s)that came from a BusinessObjects Enterprise data source has just been edited/deleted. Do you want to proceed with the change? I have tried setting displayalerts to false. ... 17 May 2010 10:13
Picture Orientation
I have an excel sheet that inserts pictures store in folder. Just before inserting the picture I need to know wether the picture orientation is landscape or portrait. How can I know that without inserting the actual picture? This is the code I use; it determines the pic orientation AFTER inserting the pictur... 30 Apr 2010 16:19
Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) ... 4 May 2010 12:21
Which textbox am I in?
I have a single worksheet workbook with several individual textboxes (not part of a form). Upon deactivation of the workbook (i.e. switching to another woorkbook) I want the workbook deactivate procedure to loop through all of the textboxes and determine if the user is "in" one of them. If the user is in a tex... 30 Apr 2010 16:19
Web Query
Hi, I use to get the web data on button click with the codes provided by Dave. No i would like to modify the codes as per users request. If the innertext value of 4th column of HTML table is already available in the extracted sheet then code should skip the row & go for next row of html table something like if... 8 May 2010 06:51
The VBA IDE will discard changes without warning
I'm no expert, but I have been using VBA for years. Something just happened that I can hardly believe. I made a few minor changes, mostly cosmetic, to a UDF in a personal add-in module. I usually save after every change (Ctrl-S). I guess I was distracted and just closed the editor and Excel. When I reopened the ... 30 Apr 2010 22:59
Minor puzzle: some UDF calls respect mixed case, others insist on lower case
I have a bunch of UDFs that I have used for years hundreds of times in several workbooks. The names of the UDFs in the add-in modules are coded in mixed case (RayleighMean, RndTallyLog, & ExpSF). Up until a few days ago, whenever I would code a UDF call in a cell (=ExpSF(...)), Excel would change the name to low... 30 Apr 2010 19:41