First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Worksheet protection prevents Data Validation code from running...
I followed a tutorial to add a small bit of code to allow new items to be added and automatically sorted in validation drop-down lists. Here's the site with the tutorial: http://www.contextures.com/excel-data-validation-add.html#Top The code allows users to add new items to a list if it isn't already present ... 6 May 2010 13:06
copy and paste data from different sheets
i have data on sheet 1 in range A1 to C100. I need a macro to copy all the data starting from the bottom (which in this case is at row 100) going up 73 rows. then paste it on sheet 2 starting at cell A1. Then another macro to select / copy the rest of data from row 72 up from sheet 1, and paste on sheet 2 at... 6 May 2010 09:40
use formula on external data range
Hi All, I've got a problem with data I read from a database. I wrote a VBA Sub in Excel 2007 with retrieves data via ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add() per OLEDB out of a database. This works fine and puts the data in the range beginning on cell "A8" Now my problem: I have a formula '=SUM(A8:A10) in cell "B1". ... 6 May 2010 10:48
how to close Read Only file without prompt to save copy
Hi I'm working on an Excel file that will always be opened as Read Only by users. To save confusion I would rather the user is not prompted to save the file on exit. I've tried application.displayAlerts = False in the Workbook BeroreClose event code but no joy so far. Is it posible to achieve this? Thanks ... 6 May 2010 08:33
Copy worksheet, trying to paste to new workbook error assistance.
I have a workbook that calls the following sub to copy the calculated sheet and renames it based on the range within the cell. The core code seems to work but every so often it hiccups and tries to copy the 'summary' sheet to a new book rather than remain in the source file 'Buzz.xls' Attached my code. Is t... 6 May 2010 10:48
Cell referencing in Macros
I have automatically created a macro - however would like to modify it so that it uses data in cell fields rather than hardcoded values in the macro. For example: sheet selection currerntly is sheets("wk3").Select I want to make this more flexible by using a value in cell B2 that contains the value "wk3". ... 6 May 2010 06:22
Limit due to selected cells
G'morning, I have a to-do-list in Excel consisting of 5 columns (A:E). Every new task is on a new row. If needed I can create tasks in Outlook with the help of commandbutton (which has code assigned to it that extracts the info I need to the body of the task). What I would like to do now is to create an extra ... 6 May 2010 07:27
Sub to freeze cols up to extent of data in col Q
Cols R and U contain formulas till row 200. I need a sub to freeze cols R and U from row 4 to the last row of data in col Q (taken from bottom up). Col Q contains only data, no formulas. Thanks ... 6 May 2010 09:40
Non-matching cells
On May 6, 2:39 am, gcotterl <gcott...(a)co.riverside.ca.us> wrote: COL A has 800,000 cells COL B has 750,000 cells How do I find the cells in COL B that do NOT match the cells in COL A? It is better to use conditional format: In the Cf dialog choose "formula is" and insert the formula =ISNA(VLOOKUP(C... 6 May 2010 02:02
shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essb... 6 May 2010 03:07