First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Kill Open Read Only Message on Open
I have a workbook that I want to run on a schedule after working hours. It has a Workbook_Open event that kicks off several macros. The problem is that when Windows Scheduler opens the workbook when I'm not here, a dialog opens stating that my personal.xls is read only. There will always be other workbooks and ... 18 May 2010 15:55
Data entered in several cells before proceeding
I should be able to make this work, but can't. I have a worksheet that includes a section to record checks and deposits of our school band boosters. I want to make sure that the person who is entering the data enters all of it, so that the date, check #, vendor, description, and amount must be entered before procee... 18 May 2010 15:55
Lost horizontal scroll bar
For several days I had an .xlsx document without a horizontal scroll bar. I went to my Excel 2007 advanced settings and that setting was checked off. I even unchecked it, saved my document, opened it, and checked that setting. I could move my cursor to a cell and scroll right. I finally solved the problem.... 18 May 2010 14:48
Browse to select a folder
Excel 2003-2007 An OP posted a problem and I realized that there was one thing I needed to know before I could help him. What is the code to allow the user to select a folder? The result must be the full path to that folder. Note: That path will not be the path to ThisWorkbook. Thanks for your time. Otto ... 18 May 2010 17:02
USE THE "IF" STATEMENT IN EXCEL
I would like to use an IF statement to program events on an EXCEL spread sheet. For example, "IF G136 > P32 THEN +1.0". Can this be done??? THANKS! RAFAEL DE ECHEANDIA, HAMPTON, VA ... 18 May 2010 13:41
VB codes
How do you update/append/delete records in various files automatically based on the entry into the Summary file. ... 18 May 2010 13:41
Pasting Variable cell info into a macro
I'm trying to use a macro to cut and past a date from a cell (which will have various dates plugged into the cell) back into the macro directly. It works great the first run as long as the cell information doesn't change. Then of it doesn't self update the variable information from the cell on subsequent runs.... 18 May 2010 12:35
Dynamic VBA for dynamic Forms
I try to build a form dynamically from tabular data. A metadata table is used, with the target of building a form that will browse a table, record by record, and to also add new records (modeled after Access' single forms). Part of the info is the data type of the field. So I want to generate, for non-text fields... 18 May 2010 11:28
Macros Menu in Excel 2007
I need to create a series of macros in a spreadsheet. The purpose is simple, when the macro is initiated all it will do it to insert in the active cell a symbol of a specific color and bold text. There will be about 30 different macros for users to choose from, since there will be about 30 different symbols u... 18 May 2010 11:28
Nested If Function to be converted into a user-defined custom function
Dear Experts: below formula (nested if formula) WORKS FINE in EXCEL 2007, but it is not working in 2003 for known reasons (number of conditions exceeding the limit) . I now would like to create a user-defined custom function (UDF) in Excel 2003. I know how to operate the VBA Editor but I got no idea how thi... 18 May 2010 14:48