First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
GetOpenFilename code execution interrupted
This code has been running for three years. All of a sudden I get "Code execution has been interrupted" in the next line after Application.GetOpenFilename. No matter what the user chooses (a file or cancel). Is there a way to stop that without disabling the cancel selection? Thanks John ChDir "C:\D... 25 May 2010 15:47
Create a list with multiple criteria
I have a data base with 1,000's of addresses w/zipcodes (Sheet 1 columns A to E, E being zipcodes). After setting a base address I get all of the zipcodes within a given radius (in this case 70 zipcodes), listed in Sheet 2, Column A. Next, I use COUNTIF (in column B) to find how many addresses are in each zip... 24 May 2010 20:11
Parsing a string
I want to parse a lot of data with rows like the following: A A WOODS 1479 22RD STREET CALGARY AB T3H2C4 (403) 555-9999 I would like columns for NAME ADDRESS CITY PROV POSTALCODE PHONENUMBER I can do it in Excel with formulas, but is there a nice piece of generic code that does this sort of thing? (or sh... 28 May 2010 00:43
Using Color as Criteria in Countif Function
I want to set up a count of all cells where the date is equal to the date specified in column A on the sheet and the font for the specified range is Red. Currently my formula reads =SUMPRODUCT(('Master Log'!U$2:U$2600="Red")*('Master Log'!U$2:U$2600=A11)) I need to find out how many cases I processed that we... 27 May 2010 17:04
Protection
I just built an applet and want others to be able to use it. Essentially, when you press the RUN button, it automatically opens 3 files located on the users' desktop, based upon the answers he provides in two input boxes, reformats, manipulates the data, eliminates unwanted data and then presents the data to ... 25 May 2010 15:47
Answer Message Box - Other than Y/N?
I would like to include a message box to my macro that prompts user to select one of two options, or to CANCEL. I know you can create an Answer Box that provides a Y/N/Cancel option, but I really don't want to use "YES" or "NO". For example, I'd like the message to say "Would you like to copy your data to SHE... 24 May 2010 19:04
Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able ... 24 May 2010 17:57
Controls in a frame within a frame are always invisible - What am I doing wrong
In Excel 2003 I had a a dialog box with a Frame1 containing, among other things, two radio buttons (control buttons). Later I added what I wanted to be a different set of three radio buttons, but (not surprisingly) setting any of the five to True caused the other 4 to be set to false. So .... I deleted the three... 24 May 2010 12:21
Pivot Table Macro Run-time error
This macro worked in Excel2003 but fails in 2007. It was designed to create a pivot chart from a large (12,500 rows x 14 columns) spreadsheet listing the concentrations of 150 chemical parameters in 8 wells over 28 sample periods. Instead of creating the chart with 150 series lines on it, I had it show only 3... 27 May 2010 15:58
Button to add Rows on Form in Excel
I posted this previously in Worksheet function and realized it possibly belongs here, so my apologies for the cross posting. I have a form that I have created in excel and in one section of that form, I want to be able to add a button that will add 5 more rows for that specific section. The form is protected a... 24 May 2010 14:36