First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Automatically OPENing (GetObject) and Closing EXCEL via VB calls
Try: To your Excel object append: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Also, to close without a message, save first then use: oWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False HTH "Brian E McNamee" wrote: What is the calling sequence from VB to "Set gobjEXCELWorkBook = GetObject(pzExcelFileName)" and "gobjEXCELWo... 27 May 2010 18:11
How to move worksheet into specific position?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to move worksheet into specific position? I would like to re-locate the worksheet (my sheet) into I45 position whenever I open it, so cell I45 will be the first row and column within my sheet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a macro for my sheet? Thanks ... 1 Jun 2010 09:46
testing for password protection
Is there a way to check whether a workbook requires a password to open, prior to opening the workbook? What I want to do is to capture the password as the user enters it so I can use the password for subsequent workbooks.open statements. I thought that my module will prompt for the password, but I am not sure ... 27 May 2010 18:11
"Do you want to update" msg
It could also be that you have cells with data validation rules pointing to lists in another file. If you can clear those validation rules, or replace their references with something local, it would solve that issue. "Nadine" wrote: I have a workbook that asks me this when I open it. I cannot find the lin... 27 May 2010 17:04
testing for password protection
Thanks, no need to worry then. "Jacob Skaria" wrote: If you only have the open password; then supply passwords for all workbook open statements and Excle will ignore if the workbook do not have a password.... Dim strPassWord strPassWord = InputBox("Enter password for your workbooks") 'w... 27 May 2010 17:04
Formula for Data Validation
My formula reads: =AND(V11<=$L11,V11<=$J11) Col V is where the payment is entered. Col L is how much has been invoiced. Col J is how much has been approved for payment. The amount paid should not exceed either of the amount invoiced or the amount approved. Can someone help? When entering a split payment,... 27 May 2010 19:18
Send a worksheet to an open email
Hi Forum, Is there a way of sending an Excel sheet as an attachment to an email in Outlook that is already open. I have read through the forum and all replies seem to open a new email and then make the attachment, I need to do it the other way around if possible. Many thanks in advance. Graham ... 27 May 2010 19:18
Resize commentbox in VB
tHenks Jacob! "Jacob Skaria" wrote: Try Sub AddComment() Dim ComBox As Comment On Error Resume Next Set ComBox = Range("C9").AddComment("Bladiblabla") On Error GoTo 0 If Not ComBox Is Nothing Then With ComBox .Visible = False .Shape.ScaleHeight 0.3, msoFalse, msoScaleFromT... 27 May 2010 17:04
Converting a HEX string
Hello All I'm using "modCOMM - Written by: David M. Hitchner" to send data out of the serial port. I need to send HEX strings (eg 0E0E00000505000C20450164A5A5 ) to external devices. Each part of the string is 2 HEX characters. If I send a HEX string directly to it, I get incorrect data at the other end. By... 27 May 2010 22:33
Can you calculate delta time using different entries
I import information into excel that includes a timestamp in hh:mm:ss AM/PM format. Is there a way to caluclate delta time between different events? Thanks in advance. ... 27 May 2010 17:04