First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Indirectly referring to a variable
Hello, This is probably easy ... or impossible, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I want to assembly a variable name in code, and then get that variable. Separate parts of my macro tell me my prefix is "Snow" and my suffix is "Shoe". How to I get the value of "SnowShoe"? I have a lot of these varia... 29 May 2010 19:02
Automatically OPENing (GetObject) and Closing EXCEL via VB cal
xp, That did the trick! Thank you. I'll spend the time saved wisely, -- Brian McNamee "xp" wrote: Try: To your Excel object append: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Also, to close without a message, save first then use: oWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False HTH "Brian E ... 28 May 2010 11:34
Print sheets based on cell value
I have a workbook of about 30 sheets. Beginning with the 3rd sheet, each sheet has a date in cell K4. I wish to print just the sheets for which the month in K4 equals certain values. So far I have this: Sub PrintSheets() Dim MonthDue As Integer ThisWorkbook.Activate For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.She... 28 May 2010 11:34
Worksheet_Change?
Hi, I'm trying to automatically open a Form when a target cell contains an exact text. Example: IF cell A1 says: "Oranges" THEN Open Form1. I've only opened Forms using command buttons. I was thinking maybe using Sub Worksheet_Change to do this? If cell A1 says anything else, (false) Do not open Form1.... 28 May 2010 11:34
Automation of Excel Report using Access Data
I have data in a query that I have exported from Access using Transfer text to a csv file. I set up an excel spreadsheet for the report and recorded a macro in excel that imports the data from the csv file and links the data to the report. The problem is running the Excel macro as part of the code for the b... 28 May 2010 11:34
Error 1004 - Application or Object Defined Error
I am getting this error but the error is not arising in any application or object I created so it must be coming from Excel, VBA, or other MS writtern code. Is there any way to find out specifically what the error means? The VBA Error(Err) function is returning this error. Thanks. ... 28 May 2010 12:40
NumberFormat not getting changing onFly changing the regional sett
Hi Excel experts , Sorry for posting a new question over here. I am having a hard time with one of a Excel related issue. Requirement: 1) User pulls some data ( includes numeric,Date fields ) to excel when he/she is with German OS settings. Date show in following format: dd.mm.yyyy ( eg: 23.09.2010) ... 28 May 2010 15:59
Alternate Column Shading to be applied only to visible columns
Dear Experts: Below macro applies alternate shading to the used range considering ONLY visible rows (alternate row shading to visible rows). Could somebody please re-write the code to perform COLUMN banding (alternate column shading) instead of row banding (alternate row shading) . Only visible columns should ... 30 May 2010 08:57
VB converting UK to US dates, randomly, ignores cdate func!
Written macro which processes csv files - splits into +ve & -ve values of one colum, sorts, adda couple of calculated columns. One of the cols (col index 5) is a date: dd/mm/yyyy, however excel is randomly converting some of these to american format. Using CDATE fuction makes no difference. The last step in the... 28 May 2010 11:34
Find "invisible" conditional formatting
I have created a number of templates in Excel 2000 which have undergone numerous changes over their lives. When opened in Excel 2007, a number of cells are changing colour because of confitional formatting. This formatting does not exist as far as Excel 2000 is concerned. Is there some way in Excel 2000 that I... 28 May 2010 19:17