First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
select and move columns by their name in header row
Hi I get a large ws with 70 - 100 cols each month. There is a header row, but the names of the cols are not always in the same order. I want to select 3 or 4 entire columns, and move them to a blank sheet in the same workbook "mdata". This code doesn't work in MS Excel 2007, but I can't figure out how to c... 3 Jun 2010 08:57
Excel 2007 User form Enter Data Last Row @Table
Hi all new to VBA and have a user form where the person can enter various sales data into Excel. The data will be entered into a spreadsheet within a defined Table I.e. @Table1 defined with the new Table feature of 2007. As the user over time inputs new sales info via the user form it will need to place in the... 2 Jun 2010 19:50
UDF: how to tell if optional *range* parameter is empty?
I have a UDF with an optional *range* parameter, and whether one block of code should run depends on whether or not a range was supplied. I tried ISMISSING(OptionalRangeParameter) but even when the range is not passed through, it apparently doesn't evaluate as missing. I also tried ISNULL and ISEMPTY, to the ... 3 Jun 2010 01:20
Save not triggering Before_Save event
I have a before_save event that runs when I click the save icon on the tool bar or through the menu. But if I have a command button with this code: Private Sub Save_Click() ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub the Before_save event is called but the files does not save. This is the code for the before_save event:... 3 Jun 2010 00:14
Creating a Pivot Table via Macro - Errors on Recorded Code
I have an Excel workbook that is getting generated from another tool (Quality Center). It has output data on a tab called "FailedBlocked" and another tab that is empty called "TC by Def". I have recorded a macro to create the pivot table. The code Excel creates is: ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceTyp... 3 Jun 2010 11:10
Customizing Shortcut Menus
I have this code to control user access to commands: Private Sub Workbook_WindowActivate(ByVal Wn As Window) Dim Cmdbar As CommandBar For Each Cmdbar In Application.CommandBars Cmdbar.Enabled = False Next Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True Application.DisplayStatusBar = True Applica... 2 Jun 2010 16:30
Active X Controls Shrinking on Excel worksheet
I have a workbook and sometimes the ActiveX controls such as listbox, options, checkboxes on the worksheet shrinks or expands while clicking on the controls. Does somebody has experirenced same kind of problem or somebody knows the fix. The only to fix this problem is to restart the machine again. Thanks i... 2 Jun 2010 16:30
Help with this error "PasteSpecial method of Range class failed !!
Here is the code: lRow = Worksheets("BO Download").Cells(Rows.Count, "BJ").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("BO Download").Range("BJ4:BK" & lRow - 3).Copy Worksheets("Completions Summary (Vendor)").Select Range("B4").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False... 2 Jun 2010 16:30
Use 'like' or regex to match number-letter pattern substrings
There has to be an easier way that the one I'm currently working on... I'm writing a UDF to help a colleague parse some key data out of some inconsistently formatted raw data strings. One seach will be for machine part numbers in the raw data string. All part numbers are in the format Alpha-Alpha-Number-Number... 2 Jun 2010 19:50
Finding File Extension from Full Filename (VBA) (2007)
See how I do it here (Example 2 http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ... 2 Jun 2010 15:24