First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Separate code from workbook?!
Hello, Using a very good book on Excel application programming, I've created a very good and complex application. We have deployed it into production. We've hired about 20 people to use the application. Great! Now, the owner wants to change the query. Sometimes, we need to change some logic. I started ... 4 Jun 2010 12:34
Different kind of cell reference.
I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code. Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these cells? =D1 + (D15-D1)*1 =D1 + (D15-D1)*2 =D1 + (D... 4 Jun 2010 19:13
Accessing the call stack in an Excel VBA macro?
There is a control which lists the call stack members when you are in the VBA programming environment. I need to access this from within a VBA macro at run time. Does anybody have a clue how to do this? ... 3 Jun 2010 14:33
Macro to filter on most current date.
OK...so I hope I can explain this correctly I need macro code that will auto filter by most recent date(not neccesarily todays date). The dates are all input in column A (oldest to newest). Basically the code needs to be able to open the auto filter for column a and pick the date at the bottom of the list ... 5 Jun 2010 10:20
"Optional" output of a Public Type record
Hi, I have subs and functions that take in and update public type records. No problem when: Sub Name(InRec As uTypaA, more args..... Is there a way to optionally write a public type ? VBA won't allow: Sub Name(Arg1, Arg2, optional uRec As uType = ??? I guess since there's no constant value t... 6 Jun 2010 10:31
windows resize event trap
I am trying to resize a form inside of excel base on windows resize event (not workbook resize)... I've already try Private Sub appevent_WindowResize(ByVal Wb As Excel.Workbook, ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) MsgBox "you have resized excel" End Sub and it works only with workbook resize... I'll ... 3 Jun 2010 14:33
OverFlow
Excel 2007, Win 7 I have the following line of code wherein I want to average the occupied cells in TheRng, and ignore the blank cells: Cells(1,2) = Application.Sum(TheRng) / Application.CountA(TheRng) I get an error with the single word "Overflow". What does that error message mean? Thanks for your time. Otto ... 3 Jun 2010 14:33
"Unable to set the LineStyle property of the border class"
In Excel 2003 I have the following code: For i = 2 1000 Step 2 Range(i + 1 & ":" & i + 1).Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlDouble Next i This code fails with the error "Unable to set the LineStyle property of the border class" for i = 30 and i=128. It works for all the other lines. Can anyone h... 4 Jun 2010 19:13
convert letters to numbers
How do I convert letters to numbers with VBA. On one of the sheets in my macro there is a date field. The user indicates the date field by entering "F" or "B" or "L" in a specific cell on another sheet. Some users will enter 1 or 2 or 4 and it is not a problem. However, some users enter letters and I need t... 3 Jun 2010 13:26
Subject: Re: Updateing Access DB
You need a delete query to do this. See this: http://www.databasedev.co.uk/delete_query.html -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. ... 3 Jun 2010 12:18