First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS
For various reasons (see KB889815), I'd like to have the environment variable SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS permanently set to 1. So I add it to the System environment variables, just as many others. However when I then reboot, and start a cmd-box and type "set S" it is not listed. Is this an unacceptable environment var... 27 Jul 2006 07:56
Guest Account setup
I have Windows XP Pro. I setup a Guest Account but it doesn't work right. When the Guest clicks on it, from the Welcom screen, it shows an error window. "Codebase error" "Error#:-935" "Error#:92907" "Null input parameter unexpected" "d4seek" I click OK for several more error windows, then it goes into the Guest... 6 Jun 2006 12:06
Attempted Intrusion "MS ASN1 Integer Overflow TCP"
Hello, I for the last couple of days i keep receiving the following annoying message generated by my Norton Anti virus 2006: Details: Attempted Intrusion "MS ASN1 Integer Overflow TCP" against your machine was detected and blocked. Intruder: 86.62.217.124(3477). Risk Level: High. Protocol: TCP. Attacked P... 18 Mar 2006 01:06
side by side
Can someone please tell me what this means? I have read the info but, it is beyond me. The assembly x86_Microsoft.MSXML2R_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.1.0.0_x-ww_29c3ad6a has missing or invalid files; recovery of this assembly failed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at I have had security probl... 8 Mar 2006 16:05
EventSystem errors 4353/4356
I'm trying to track down an issue with my system config/performance. I suspect some sort of malware, but can't figure out what process is giving me a headache. The main observed symptom I see is that when blackICE defender starts on logon, I get an error dialog saying that "the current account doesn't have pe... 17 Feb 2006 21:11
Norton AntiVirus 2006 does not support the repair feature
I have installd Norton Internet Security 2006 from cd. Installation and activation is completed although pre install scan failed with zero viruses found. I selected "install with parental control and using windows accounts". I am getting the above mentioned error in trying to log into the limited access windows... 10 Feb 2006 14:44
Trojan/Browsela/Looksky
I have a Trojan download in C:\windows\system32\browsela.dll, and can't delete it. Same applies to w32.looksky.A(a)mm in local settings somewhere. How can I get rid of these things if my antivirusdoesn't? ... 5 Jan 2006 17:13
Regedit "Error while opening key"
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 under MS Virtual PC (VPC) 2004 SP1. The VPC XP install is perfectly clean as is the host system. I received via e-mail a SOFTWARE hive from a system infected by adware. RootKitRevealer was run on the infected PC and it identified a HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\InprocServer32 key with t... 30 Dec 2005 04:39
Windows xp pro security log system is full.
When trying to log into windows xp pro, a message is displayed that says "The security log on this system is full. Only administrators can log on to fix the problem." How do I log on, there is only one local account and it won't let me use that. Any suggestions/fixes? Thanks ... 8 Dec 2005 21:32
Kerberos Error in Event Viewer
About every hour and a half, I get the following error in my "System" Event Viewer: The kerberos subsystem encountered a PAC verification failure. This indicates that the PAC from the client %1 in realm %2 had a PAC which failed to verify or was modified. Contact your system administrator. I have no id... 19 Oct 2005 12:27