First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Rebuild indexes via MP question?
Why is SQL Server 2005 open 40-50 threads for same SPID for a given database at times and goes back to sleep and will have only 2-3 threds per SPID at other times. How does SQL Server processes when you issue rebuild indexes via MP? ... 26 Jul 2010 19:24
Linked server query
Hi, We have 2 servers: PRD and DEV (PRD has 2 extra weeks of data).This is my query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PRD_SERVER_name.PRD_DB_name.dbo.PRD_TABLE_name. When I connect to DEV Server and run this query, I am getting results of DEV_DB even thought my query points to PRD Server. Anybody can explain why is this ha... 30 Jul 2010 14:08
Pivot Query Help
I have the following query. I would like 'createnamerole' to become the columns and 'ordersourcedesc' to become the rows with the count values being the data contained between. I beleive I should use PIVOT but am unaware how. Select b.OrderSourceDesc, b.CreateNameRole, Count(b.OrderID) as Countof From (... 27 Jul 2010 05:10
Install SQL 2008 express sp1
I download SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe (sql 2008 express sp1)from microsoft but do not know how to install sp1 from this exe file. Can someone help me? Is there any site can download sp1 only? -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201007/1 ... 27 Jul 2010 06:15
GHD IV MINI Styler
Brushes and combs are used to organize and untangle the hair, encouraging all of the strands to lie in the same direction and removing debris such as lint, dandruff, or hairs that have already shed from their follicles but continue to cling to the other hairs. There are all manner of detangling tools available in... 25 Jul 2010 23:49
Automated way to discover the structure of the result set ofa stored procedure?
On 2010-07-25 19:57, Behzad Sadeghi wrote: Reading your answer, I realized I have another problem. Let's say I run the stored procedure from within a T-SQL script, either using FMTONLY or not. I will get a result set, either empty or not. Now, how can I examine this result set to decipher its columnar struc... 25 Jul 2010 16:13
Automated way to discover the structure of the result set of a stored procedure?
Is it possible to write a script that, as its input, takes the name of a stored procedure, and, as its output, produces a table each of whose rows contains the name and data type of each column in the (presumably unique) result set of that stored procedure? I am trying to build a system that can create a set of s... 25 Jul 2010 19:28
Simple recovery database bloating?
I have a several hundred GB simple recovery dev database bloats by 200-300 GB and does not release the free space to the OS. Sometimes drive runs out of space because of this. I had to shrink database every few months to bring back database to its size and release the space back to OS. Database has autogrow turned ... 24 Jul 2010 13:25
SQL 2005 DB Space Allocation
I have a db which originally occupied 80 gig. I have deleted 80% of the rows in the db. After, I ran reindex and defrag. However, the db space usage is at 89%. I expected that the usage should be at 15% at most. What do I need to do to compact the db pages? Thanks in advance ... 26 Jul 2010 05:08
Too Many Statistics Objects?
I just signed up with a client to help them with the performance of their SQL Server 2005 application. A check of sys.indexes on their database revealed one table with some 700 statistics objects and another with over 400. All the statistics objects appear to have been created by the Database Tuning Advisor. I am t... 23 Jul 2010 18:03