First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Help with upgrade from SQL 2000 sp3 to 2005
Do I just run setup.exe? ... 25 Jun 2010 18:41
Database Encryption
Hi Friends, SQL 2008 - TDE encryption I'm trying to apply TDE for one of my databases, all seems run fine, except that when I run SELECT db_name(database_id), encryption_state FROM sys.dm_database_encryption_keys with (nolock) after applying encryption to database, the state of encryption is 2 (Encryption ... 2 Jul 2010 15:45
Run same query on multiple databases.
I have about 230 databases on my sql server. Out of which 220 or so are Dynamics Databases on which I want to run the same standard query as below. I don't want to select each db individually and run the query. Is there any way that I can run the query on the 220 dbs without selecting each one individually. The... 28 Jun 2010 13:57
Cross Server Queries
I have 2 dbs that reside on two servers respectively. Both dbs have the same stucture. There is roughly 20 tables in the db. These two tables have parent/child relationship which is enforced by foreign key constraint. The parent table has timestamp column. I am looking to offload data older than 3 days fr... 25 Jun 2010 18:41
SQL 2000 Maintenance Plan question
Hi, In the SQL Server 2000, I have some maintenance plans for backup up files to a share folder. How do I manually change those plans so that the script will have the no_log option? Thanks for help. Jason ... 25 Jun 2010 05:34
Visio reverse engineer SQL Server database
I used Visio 2007 to reverse engineer a SQL Server 2005 database. Everything seemed to go fine but some of the tables are nt geeting picked up. IOW The list of tables and Views in Visio does not contain all of the tables in the database. I tried refreshing the Model but this did not add the missing tables.... 25 Jun 2010 17:36
Mirroring error 1418
I have a question about database mirroring. I am trying to test database mirroring . Somehow it is not working. I am getting 1418 error: SQL SERVER – Fix : Error: 1418 – Microsoft SQL Server – The server network address can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and reissue the comm... 24 Jun 2010 18:37
SQLServer2005 database backup size through maitenance plan is smaller than actual database size?
As I understand SQL2005 maintenance plan backup has a compression future. But why is some dbs are close to the actual size and few others not? How to verify this is a good backup without going restoring process? Also is it bigger databases are backed up quicker going through maintenance plan than other means (sql a... 24 Jun 2010 18:37
2008 32/64-bit
I am a student just downloaded the developer edition of SQL Server2008. Anyway to find out is the version 32 or 64 bit? ... 2 Jul 2010 17:58
SQL profiler - command utility not stopping on its own.
Hi SQL Monsters! I am trying to run SQL Profiler from command prompt. I am using the following command. The /M is supposed to stop the trace. However mine does not stop, it keeps running until I manually stop the profiler. Do you know why this would not be stopping? Note: I have tried the date with both formats. ... 24 Jun 2010 17:30