First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Decode XML Data Type
I have something like the following: declare @msg xml set @msg = '<Message><SubItem>Some Text</SubItem></Message>' I'd like to be able to extract the value of the SubItem node, but I can't find the syntax. It might be something like (I made this up): SELECT x.SubItem FROM @msg and it would ret... 4 Aug 2010 09:14
return null for the column column_default in the view sys.informat
Hi Guys I have a id that has dbreader role. When I use this ID to run the query select * from sys.information_schema.columns, the column column_default returned null although I have some default value in the tables. It returned value when I use id that has dbowner permission to run it. Can anyone let me know w... 3 Aug 2010 15:52
SEarching for records with unwanted unicode "blob" in text
Hi We have an unknown number of records which contain a Unicode (65533) character in a text address field. Ie a "�" We need to removed these blobs. For a specific row I have done this SQL Select... SELECT UNICODE(SUBSTRING(Address1_Line1,7,1)) FROM [DATABASE].[dbo].[Contact] where ContactId in ( ... 4 Aug 2010 10:20
Batch File ???
Hi. Is it possible to provide Server Name, Username and password at run time instead of writing it in the batch file? Regards, Muhammad Bilal ... 3 Aug 2010 18:04
SQLServer Error: 802, 701, 733
SQL Server 2008 on Win2008 R2 x64 Server, 8 GB RAM - running virtualized on VMWare ES-Server Every sunday some maintainance jobs are scheduled to run. Rebuilding indices and statistics fail with messages: [298] SQLServer Error: 701, There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this... 6 Aug 2010 18:12
Missing Object xp_cmdshell
Hi. When i create a procedure following error is generated in sql server 2000. Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'xp_cmdshell'. The stored procedure will still be created. Regards, Muhammad Bilal ... 2 Aug 2010 15:53
Cascade delete
Hi, I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Mounilk ... 2 Aug 2010 23:32
Connection problems on SSAS for some projects
I am running on VS 2005 and Sql Server 2005 and trying to deploy my project to Analysis Server and I get the following message: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. Additional information: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. 127.0.0.1:238... 2 Aug 2010 00:38
Can't get any data to display in SSAS
I am using the Sql Server 2005 Analysis Services book and am doing the first cube. I can see plenty of data in the tables (such as dimProduct). But when I put the Measures, Date and Product from the left pane to the Browser window, nothing is displayed as the book says it should. Do I need to do something ... 1 Aug 2010 17:01
Cannot deploy my project to Analysis server
I am running on VS 2005 and Sql Server 2005 and trying to deploy my project to Analysis Server and I get the following message: The project could not be deployed to the 'D84964B1\SQL2005' server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browse... 31 Jul 2010 21:38