From: Brian K on
Everything OK?

From: Brian K on
MJMIII,

I know you are busy and will be awake when I'm asleep so when you have
successfully separated the two OS and they are booting independently, here
are the final instructions.

Now it's time to put Win7 on HD 0. The following method is easier and faster
than imaging Win7 with Acronis TI and restoring the image to HD 0

In Partition Work, select HD 1
select Windows 7 - 1
click Copy on the right side
select HD 0
select your 450 GB Free Space
click Paste on the right side
call it something like Win7_new (your choice)
click OK
wait for the copy to complete
Resize Win7_new to fill the Free Space

Click Boot Edit, Add, for Identity call it Win7_new, HD 0, use
the drop down arrow to select your Win7_new, choose an icon if you want
No tick in Swap as it is HD 0
On the right side in the MBR Details section, select Vista - 1 and click
Hide.
On the right side in the MBR Details section, select Windows 7 - 1 (on HD 1)
and click Hide.
Click OK. OK.

In Boot Edit, select your Vista, Edit, Hide both Win7. OK. OK.

In Partition Work, select your Win7_new and run a BCD Edit to reference HD 0
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=318
Close Partition Work
Click Resume
Boot into Win7_new from the Boot Menu

Let me know if the Hiding doesn't work. It may not as the OS have already
seen each other. We can fix it another way.

From: MJMIII on
Sorry for the delay, Brian. You're absolutely correct. I've been busy. I
printed out the 4 pages of instructions and briefly went over them. I may
need to go over them a few more times before I digest them. I use this
computer for work, so I want to be sure I have all my "I's" dotted and "T's"
crossed before I start this. I'll, <hopefully>, get back to you when I'm
finished. Thanks again.

Mike

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Brian K on
Mike, understood.

From: Brian K on

I just did this for a mate. He had two Win7 on the same HD that he wanted
separated. Easy. It only took a few minutes.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Precision 670 case rattles (badly)
Next: Power on but nothing.