From: Brian K on
You would still have to separate the OS prior to resizing the Vista
partition. If you wanted, you could restore the Win7 image several times and
have several Win7 OS partitions. There are numerous scenarios.

How much Free Space is in the 600 and the 100 GB partitions? What other
partitions are present?

From: MJMIII on
"Brian K" <remove_this(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You would still have to separate the OS prior to resizing the Vista
> partition. If you wanted, you could restore the Win7 image several times
> and have several Win7 OS partitions. There are numerous scenarios.
>
> How much Free Space is in the 600 and the 100 GB partitions? What other
> partitions are present?

The 600 gig Vista drive has 500 gigs free. The 100gb Windows 7 partition
has about 15gigs free. The rest of the 1.5TB drive is all storage.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Brian K on

"MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net> wrote in message

> The 600 gig Vista drive has 500 gigs free. The 100gb Windows 7 partition
> has about 15gigs free. The rest of the 1.5TB drive is all storage.
> --

OK. Then you won't be able to resize Vista to 100 GB as you already have 100
GB of data. But resizing to 150 GB would be fine. You will need to resize
Win7 larger as it is already 85% full and could soon start to slow down. How
large would you like your Win7 partition?

From: Brian K on
One other suggestion. You could create a common data partition that will be
visible from both OS. It will contain your downloads, music, video files,
photos, etc. This will help to keep your OS partitions from filling up.

From: MJMIII on

> "MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net> wrote in message
>>
>> The 600 gig Vista drive has 500 gigs free. The 100gb Windows 7 partition
>> has about 15gigs free. The rest of the 1.5TB drive is all storage.
>> --
>>

> OK. Then you won't be able to resize Vista to 100 GB as you already have
> 100 GB of data. But resizing to 150 GB would be fine. You will need to
> resize Win7 larger as it is already 85% full and could soon start to slow
> down. How large would you like your Win7 partition?

I want to partition the 600GB drive to give Vista 150gig and Windows 7 the
rest.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.