From: Brian K on
You probably know, but when BING boots, click Maintenance to get to the BING
desktop.

From: MJMIII on
"Brian K" <remove_this(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "MJMIII" >
>> Do I need to boot to the CD to access this desktop?
>

> No, everything will be done from installed BING now. In Partition Work, is
> BING at the end of the 600 GB HD?

I got there, but I didn't realize BING installed on Dell's 63mb diagnostic
partition at the beginning of the 600GB drive.

View Mbr beside Vista it says:
Partition Active 149997mb HPFS/NTFS

Properties for Vista:
Starting Ending
LBA Sectors
C H S C H
S 129024 307194426
8 8 1 1023 254 63

From: MJMIII on

"MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net> wrote in message
> "Brian K" <remove_this(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "MJMIII" >
>>> Do I need to boot to the CD to access this desktop?
>>

>> No, everything will be done from installed BING now. In Partition Work,
>> is BING at the end of the 600 GB HD?
>
> I got there, but I didn't realize BING installed on Dell's 63mb diagnostic
> partition at the beginning of the 600GB drive.
>
> View Mbr beside Vista it says:
> Partition Active 149997mb HPFS/NTFS
>
> Properties for Vista:
Starting Ending
C H S C H S
8 8 1 1023 254 63

Damned wrap!!!

LBA Sectors
129024 307194426

From: Brian K on

"MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net> wrote in message

> I got there, but I didn't realize BING installed on Dell's 63mb diagnostic
> partition at the beginning of the 600GB drive.
>
> View Mbr beside Vista it says:
> Partition Active 149997mb HPFS/NTFS
>
> Properties for Vista:
> Starting Ending LBA
> Sectors
> C H S C H S
> 129024 307194426
> 8 8 1 1023 254 63

LOL. Installing BING to the Dell partition shouldn't have happened but it's
no big deal. We can fix it when everything is finished. Or leave it alone.
Which Dell is it? I'm using a Dell 9150 at present.

Yes, that starting sector offset is 2048 sector aligned. 129024/2048 is an
integer. As expected.

From: Brian K on

"MJMIII" > Damned wrap!!!

It's annoying.