From: Brian K on

"MJMIII" >>
>> When you boot into Vista, what are the drive letters of your 3
>> partitions?
>
> Vista is C and I haven't allocated the 450GB partition so there's no drive
> letter. Windows 7 is Z.
>
>> When you boot into Win7, what are the drive letters of your 3 partitions?
>
> The same.

Just to pin you down. When you boot into Win7, is Win7 C: drive and Vista Z:
drive? That is, both OS are C: drive when booted?

You mentioned Tab. So I assume your keyboard is working. If you don't have
mouse support after installing BING there is a very helpful video on

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/index.htm

It's called Installing Windows 7 to its Own Primary Partition

The topic is of no interest here but the whole exercise is done with
keyboard shortcuts and is very helpful in learning these shortcuts.

Don't worry about the 2048 sector alignment. You do have it and we'll use
that in BING.

From: Brian K on

"MJMIII" >

BING is installed. I allocated the new partition and the drive letter is H
> in Vista and Windows 7.

I just posted so you haven't seen my reply yet. I'll see your answers
shortly.

You are one step ahead. We don't want a partition in that 450 GB space as we
want it unallocated. "Free space" in BING terminology. So in BING, delete it
and choose Clear Boot Sector in the Confirm Delete box.

Do you have mouse support?

From: MJMIII on

"Brian K" <remove_this(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "MJMIII" >>
>>> When you boot into Vista, what are the drive letters of your 3
>>> partitions?
>>
>> Vista is C and I haven't allocated the 450GB partition so there's no
>> drive letter. Windows 7 is Z.
>>
>>> When you boot into Win7, what are the drive letters of your 3
>>> partitions?
>>
>> The same.
>>

> Just to pin you down. When you boot into Win7, is Win7 C: drive and Vista
> Z: drive? That is, both OS are C: drive when booted?

Vista is C in both and Windows 7 is Z in both.

From: MJMIII on

> "MJMIII" >
>

> BING is installed. I allocated the new partition and the drive letter is
>> in Vista and Windows 7.
>

> I just posted so you haven't seen my reply yet. I'll see your answers
> shortly.
>
> You are one step ahead. We don't want a partition in that 450 GB space as
> we want it unallocated. "Free space" in BING terminology. So in BING,
> delete it and choose Clear Boot Sector in the Confirm Delete box.

Now I'm confused. There is no partition in the 450GB space. That is the
partition. Should've I have left it unallocated?

> Do you have mouse support?

No, but I figured out which keyboard keys to use.

From: Brian K on

"MJMIII">

>Vista is C in both and Windows 7 is Z in both.

Win7 being Z: when booted is concerning but it should be OK.

On the BING desktop click Settings
Make sure there are ticks in

Full Partition List
Use Volume Label
Align MBR End HS
Align 2048
Make HD0 Active
Use HD0 in BPB

There should be no ticks in

Align on End
CHS Alternative

In the right hand list, the only ones ticked should be

Limit Primaries
PATA CD Support

You should already have a Boot Item for Vista. What is in the MBR Details on
the right.