From: thunk on

The troll rode in here looking for the answer to the question, that,
in retrospect could be worded so:

"they are members of a group, they are minimalistic, they
are ..blablabla and they remind the group seems like a "Swarm" so I
will start with "Boid".

Boid carries AI baggage offending some, intriguing others, and
dazzling not a few.

Circles were gone in, kophs were butted, gurus passed judgements,
mullas mulled and so on....

A nekkid ru'id was posted, examples given, .................

"Actors" were suggest but they are all tied up in more trivial seeming
tasklets

"ABS" doesn't impress (at least what was turned up in 1/2 hour of....

Bottom.bottom.bottom line nobody has been able to tell the troll what
the freak'n thingy is:

sooo, the troll must assume

1. nobody cares anymore
2. nobody really understands (even looking right at a nekkid one)
3. the troll has done something to register at least a
"interesting" (but nobody has the balls to acknowledge)
4. the troll is wacked

the troll thinks a mix of 1&2&3, yaaa some 4 (what else is new)
but lots of 2 and enough 3 to make the troll even more
curious what is the REAL big picture is.

and also the troll is frustrated, yes, frustrated because the domain
she is working in is not where the greatest Good is to be done.
trinkgeld ya, but not much for good.

but screw it, enough is enough

posting now so this is DONE, the troll will not feed herself, she's
not of that sort...

and that dot.com startup theory? the troll thinks you guys may be
eating some of the wrong mushrooms.

From: thunk on

ps this is the most fun the troll has had in awhile, she's off now to
write a book on:

How Emergent Swarms build knowledge farms in the clouds; and why your
shopping basket just laughed at you

or

how to make ru'id behavior pay

she's still pondering on that choice

From: Robert Klemme on

On 04/03/2010 11:56 PM, thunk wrote:
> The troll rode in here looking for the answer to the question, that,
> in retrospect could be worded so:
>
> "they are members of a group, they are minimalistic, they
> are ..blablabla and they remind the group seems like a "Swarm" so I
> will start with "Boid".

There is no question in that paragraph. This is an example of what made
me stop listening.

> Bottom.bottom.bottom line nobody has been able to tell the troll what
> the freak'n thingy is:

IMHO it's your part to explain what all this is about. Either you have
an idea for a design or software architecture and want our judgment. Or
you present some ideas and want to know what architecture would fit that
or whether that thing does exist already. But it's your turn to convey
your point. We can only help by asking questions about things that are
not clear to us.

> sooo, the troll must assume
>
> 1. nobody cares anymore

Well, fact is that with the flow of posts and news coming our way most
of us employ some form of heuristic that stops following a topic if they
did not get to the bottom of the issue after a certain time. Given that
I'd say people have followed your "boit" stuff pretty long.

> 2. nobody really understands (even looking right at a nekkid one)

I believe this is the main problem. For whatever reasons people did not
or do not seem to understand what all this is about.

> 3. the troll has done something to register at least a
> "interesting" (but nobody has the balls to acknowledge)

That's not true: IIRC several people have stated interest in your
project but failed at point 2 of your list.

> posting now so this is DONE, the troll will not feed herself, she's
> not of that sort...

Apparently you broke your vow already... :-)

Cheers

robert

PS: I don't think it is a good idea to invest time in a piece of
software as that advertised in this thread.

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
From: Andrea Dallera on

> PS: I don't think it is a good idea to invest time in a piece of
> software as that advertised in this thread.

It's not. But it was very little time and it's been fun :-)

--
Andrea Dallera
http://github.com/bolthar/freightrain

From: Seebs on
On 2010-04-04, Andrea Dallera <andrea(a)andreadallera.com> wrote:
>> PS: I don't think it is a good idea to invest time in a piece of
>> software as that advertised in this thread.

> It's not. But it was very little time and it's been fun :-)

Sometimes, it's a good idea to spend some time doing something that is
recreational but not of any other particular value.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam(a)seebs.net
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last