From: thunk on

and nothing has to happen to that ru'id for it to become a part of a
system that is continually "fired! at" every new posting. Authors are
sorted and given ranks by "merito-tology" / secret meetings / politico
points / inverse to spelling errors or whatever the bright people
behind all this think is should be. (oh boy, that's a sleeper)

Conceptually the ru'ids are not "flying around" rather they much more
like a BULLET (metaphore #103, sorry) but that is true. The hit the
target or they don't. Oh. Like a light wave - that fits, and recently
a nifty phrase pinged the author's gedanker, something like "shadow
caster" and a flag got attached to that, a not got made on a wiki-
page, and the author was accused of rambling too long..... it was a
suspended idea shoved into text.... how to explain?

Bullets seem not so peaceful, but excuse the author for a moment, and
let him share? - not an unfascinating gedangengang partner?
A modern machinegun can "caste" (like stones... wow) bullets in such a
way that square meters are covered in seconds. now, if they were less
menacing and smart enough to send a message back.... then a
helicopter could bullet caste objects of interest and build an image
of what the target was. ahhhh, light does that too, right? so these
Ru'ids are about the speed of a bullet, less harmful, they-come-in-
peace! , but they "form an image" of what they are thrown at by way of
very simple communications.... it's a shame bullets cannot do the
same yet.

OK?

The author was in "Blue Sky Research" where we did "brain storming"
and some of that has never gone away - it is a technique that has
probably been renamed in problem space but in such sessions you don't
inhibit thoughts. No, stream of consiousness did not "die" with Joyce
- do you know who Robin Williams is? Oh boy. that man can caste
thoughts....... puff the magic comedian - git it?

thunktocktor

From: thunk on
On Apr 6, 12:19 am, Mark T <paradisaei...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a problem space which may fit the description of the thunkaTron.
>
> The set of browsers available increases each month.
> Some are derivatives of a common code base.
> Though these can have different javascript engines.
> So across the javascript implementations, there are many differences.
> There have been attempts to shim these.
> Could a swarm of boids be sent flying around web sites:
> 1) Gain an element location, pick up the 'twig' = 'URL + xpath'.
> 2) Return this to a set of browser proxies.
> 3) Take the result to a 'nest' where growing javaBoids eat at the
> edges until a single rule is obtained which:
> Results in a shim routine which normalizes the behavior of a script.
> The path of javascript over the next 5-10 years, coupled with the
> xhtml (svg) + javascript could do with such a project.
>
> Boids or no boids.
>
> MarkT

Damned!

That's what "boids" can do? Seriously? I thought you were making fun
of thunk at first.

Way Short ans: no.

More thoughtful short ans: yes

Explain? I think I like "ru'ids" as part of this tightly packed
"100% ruby set of modules". There is messynesses in this already - a
demo requires a weblet - and that weblet would really help all this
make sense. I don't want to "over advertise" this, seriously, but the
"ru'id" is born distributed to be distributed and to be a small part
of this bundle that can use them on any machine that can execute ruby,
anywhere, over and over, I guess, or once an hour, or once a day. it
is - maybe - more about "signals" and "broadcasting"
than .....????? ........... this would be nice to chat about with
some professor someplace.

a ru'id is trained to respond in a scrpted way to some particular set
of keys.... like the example above. "it" leaves a coded mssg that
the swarm_reader must decode. its all a tight "bundle" of dynamic
action - lots of reflection - the "magic" comes from how simple it is
to take a urRuid and get it ready to go on it's mission - which is
basically "to listen" - think about instructions to a wwII pilot as a
part of a set of planes going on a single misssion - his instructions
could be:

follow your usual guy
use your usual handle
follow in the usual formation
report anything interesting (what ain't water)

or - "do it again, fly boy" might be all he needs to hear

the urRu'id has all the otherstuff, and the pilot gets that free.

AND why are you doing "Boids" on the author?? you teasing/testing
him?

======================

could a Ru'id do that?? let them watch "TopGun" a few times, and
watch out?!

seriously, they could get fibered and go on much longer missions - and
that would raise the consulting fees but that's not what they were
born to do.

Perhaps, however, if building a nest of shim-sticks (?) is worth
something more than bombarding NewEgg shopping baskets - then who am I
to say - I can say that would seem to be more fun! that what the
author is doing now - but getting something done rather than writing
about it also is a consideration.

thunktocktor

From: thunk on

Thunk just finished this new analogy, it seems to him to hit home....

it probably can use a lot of tweaking, but the idea IS IN THERE, and
really, for the first time thunk thinks he "could not miss".

It starts with

imagining a kid with 10,000 "nurfs" (firing 2000/sec)

it ends with imaging

and seems to clarify the whole thing to a point beyond his own recent
understanding (his project is not using much of this, yet)

thunktoktor

http://wiki.github.com/gkoller/Ruids/a-nurf-analogy
From: Chuck Remes on
On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:30 AM, thunk wrote:

> Thunk just finished this new analogy, it seems to him to hit home....
>
> it probably can use a lot of tweaking, but the idea IS IN THERE, and
> really, for the first time thunk thinks he "could not miss".
>
> It starts with
>
> imagining a kid with 10,000 "nurfs" (firing 2000/sec)
>
> it ends with imaging
>
> and seems to clarify the whole thing to a point beyond his own recent
> understanding (his project is not using much of this, yet)
>

> thunktoktor
>
> http://wiki.github.com/gkoller/Ruids/a-nurf-analogy

I get a 404 Not Found error when trying to bring up that URL. Please check to make sure that page exists.

cr

From: Aldric Giacomoni on
thunk wrote:
> Thunk just finished this new analogy, it seems to him to hit home....

You guys see this horse? It's dead. You guys see this stick? STOP
BEATING THE HORSE WITH IT!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: [ANN] ThunkGen released!
Next: [ANN] Ember 0.1.0