From: thunk on

Robert,

thunk is no guru but perhaps some of the "intuitive" excitement of
things that could be done with this comes from the fact that the
Ru'ids are distributable. This is understood in his primitive way
from years of DOS based multi-layererd but pre-webland things of a
somewhat similar nature without a depth of web-era specific do-
thingings that cannot be all that different.

The concept of an "Expert session" using the same central class as the
run-time ru'ids and all kinds of dynamic mischief seems - ahh , put
that ego down boy - "interesting"

thunktocktor
From: thunk on

ahhhh,

The point about "satz" could have been lost, so sorry. Let's say this
super succinctly:

satz are just simple "hashes"
satz follow simple conventions
satz hang out in methods in an array with their siblings

satz are understandable by computers -

satz make for much more interesting output than the report-writers
written by thunk in circa 1982 - (for mcGraw-hill) AS they can be
turned into
Techlish or TechDeutsch or you name it - the valuable stuff are
symbols and those symbols are keys to the a yet unexplored land (for
the author anyway)....

and the author looked up tuples a couple of times now and they don't
make sense to him. and since this works, and since is silly simple,
and since he is seeing what he calls "worksheets" which elbow past
"reports" and consider themselves to be of another nature than reports
- reports have been done - oh wow, but the author could really write
a book on that.

not to over-advertise on these satz! no. they just are making the
worksheets do things the author never thought he could do before. try
turning a bunch of rdms stuff into readable sentences?!? has MS found
a way to do that? then its not the MS the author knew.

thunktocktor

From: Aldric Giacomoni on
thunk wrote:
> ahhhh,
>
> The point about "satz" could have been lost, so sorry. Let's say this
> super succinctly:
>
> satz are just simple "hashes"
> satz follow simple conventions
> satz hang out in methods in an array with their siblings

"Satz" means "thing" in German. I believe explaining this single thing
makes it much simpler.

From: Aldric Giacomoni on
Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
> thunk wrote:
>> ahhhh,
>>
>> The point about "satz" could have been lost, so sorry. Let's say this
>> super succinctly:
>>
>> satz are just simple "hashes"
>> satz follow simple conventions
>> satz hang out in methods in an array with their siblings
>
> "Satz" means "thing" in German. I believe explaining this single thing
> makes it much simpler.

Gasp! I have an itchy "Send" finger. I apologize for the typo! Please do
not flagellate me.
http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Satz

Essentially, a sentence, or a clause. Something similar to that.

From: Marvin Gülker on
Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
> Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
>> thunk wrote:
>>> ahhhh,
>>>
>>> The point about "satz" could have been lost, so sorry. Let's say this
>>> super succinctly:
>>>
>>> satz are just simple "hashes"
>>> satz follow simple conventions
>>> satz hang out in methods in an array with their siblings
>>
>> "Satz" means "thing" in German. I believe explaining this single thing
>> makes it much simpler.
>
> Gasp! I have an itchy "Send" finger. I apologize for the typo! Please do
> not flagellate me.
> http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Satz
>
> Essentially, a sentence, or a clause. Something similar to that.

That correct but there's a second meaning, although much less frequently
used. We Germans may say: "Das ist ein Satz Buchstaben" and aren't
talking about sentences. The translated sentence is: "That's a set of
letters".

I think that meaning is more accurate here.

Marvin

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: [ANN] ThunkGen released!
Next: [ANN] Ember 0.1.0