From: Chuck Remes on
On Apr 6, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Aldric Giacomoni wrote:

> thunk wrote:
>> Thunk just finished this new analogy, it seems to him to hit home....
>>

> You guys see this horse? It's dead. You guys see this stick? STOP
> BEATING THE HORSE WITH IT!

Aldric,

you are free to ignore this thread.

I have chatted with Mr. thunk off-list a few times and think there may be some life left in this horse.

cr

From: Ryan Davis on

On Apr 6, 2010, at 10:11 , Chuck Remes wrote:

> you are free to ignore this thread.

and you are free to stay off list with thunk.

> I have chatted with Mr. thunk off-list a few times and think there may be some life left in this horse.

I think that means you may be just as insane (or drunk) as thunk. You sound like this guy:

:P
From: thunk on
Chuck,

GitHub had it up, then it was down, I resent one (had a copy) then
they both were up, then they both disappeared.

Just read the N.Korea is selling an open source os and spying on us,
um, i'm like wondering.... those people SPY on folks, nothing like
that happens, nah, but anyway I have copies and GitHub is in the
BackUp boniness, right?

It features 100,000 or so Nurfs building an image by the simple
expediency of calling into a helper_library::assertion_method when
they strike something.
In "Image" can be built of what folks are wearing, their temperature,
the hardness and stuff like that - each successive wave of "nurfs"
helps build the image by being fired in a raster scan like pattern
(anybody still remember how cathode based TVs used to work?? :) )

Seemed like a killer idea.

Warning: Don't let a US Marine "take your image" - it won't hurt for
long. a friend sends me links of long range sni p e r shots (1 mile)
that go through walls - the image there is not as clear because on
shot seems to do it.

From: Aldric Giacomoni on
Ryan Davis wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2010, at 10:11 , Chuck Remes wrote:
>
>> you are free to ignore this thread.
>
> and you are free to stay off list with thunk.
>
>> I have chatted with Mr. thunk off-list a few times and think there may be some life left in this horse.
>
> I think that means you may be just as insane (or drunk) as thunk. You
> sound like this guy:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8591303.stm
>
> :P

I have a suggestion: all of us, including thunk, stop talking about that
particular project until it comes to fruition and/or we have some actual
code we can look at.

It's of course welcomed to hear thunk's Ruby-related questions on this
forum. Ruby on Rails questions should go to the RoR forum.

Does that sound good?

From: thunk on
Aldric,

This won't go on. I have no more interest in writing to a black-hole,
than you guys have to read stuff from one. OK?

This IS a ruby 'issue" in so far as it probably only possible in Ruby
in such a tight little pack. OK from what others have told me about
Python and so (functions vs methods) that would not have been
possible.

I would be HAPPY to forget about communicating, really, it is eating
up too much of my time too. However, "what ever this is" that was
created to "blast folks" shopping baskets is bigger than that. If I
wasn't as experienced I would not have confidence to say things about
100,000 ru'ids when I only have 200 or so.
OK? The question of to "framework or not to framework" IS NOT really
the question I have - as much as "How could this contribute to the
'greatest good'. You can believe ol' thunk or not on that, but if ol'
thunk was motivated by money.

ol' thunk just learned that the least imaginative, slowest witted\,
most political creation in his bevy of programmers to be is not in
charge of all things quality for Mititoyo. The Hong-kong PHD he had
working on the project went to MS and is doing something out
there.... he went off to sail and program in Smalltalk. Ruby rather
is.... you know... has done it right.

The world does strange things to people, I did ceramics and ran with
artists - and in that world being called "normal" would be like you
guys calling me BatShit crazy. They are different worlds but some of
us have never been anything but artists to start with... go figure.

I can SEE worksheets being produced by 2 swarms of these things. I
have this (Meise) - lowly / route to a few dollars route planned out
that is 90% and a lot of work. I see much much much more powerful
things to be done, and I am 100% prepared to share 100% but I am not
willing to put the code up on a github and have people ask me why it
doesn't run on JRuby2.3x on his Linux dkjfkd os after he did this..
how incredibly unrewarding would that be?

BUT ol thunk has picked up a lot, the "actor" thing (which he
remembers evaluating for McGraw-hill way back in some early
manifestation??) fits fairly well. But from recording "Events" in
factories for years - like Toyota (??) in England, John Deere plants,
HP, and such as those he can see somethings - and let ol' thunk tellya
they ain't "reports" - read the Nurf thing if gitHub coughs it back up
- but (we) all think that makes it much clearer than anything written
before, once you see it, it will be obvious, there's a ahha thing that
seems to happen. But the weather is clear and beautiful and sky is
BLUE on the other side of that moment.

the gang
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: [ANN] ThunkGen released!
Next: [ANN] Ember 0.1.0