From: FromTheRafters on
"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> David H. Lipman wrote:
>>
>>The worst are NOT home computers for families with kids. Families
>>with pets. Especially
>>cats. Shedding hair is drawn into the system.
>
> Awhile back I came across what seemed a good deal on a Sony multi-disk
> CD
> player in a thrift shop for around eight dollars, problem was that it
> would
> start to play then go into a stuttering hang up. After opening it to
> have a
> look see I found a cat hair (longhair white Persian) that had gotten
> caught in
> the gear lube and wrapped around the laser head restricting its
> travel.
> Removed it and did a thorough inspection to remove any others as well
> as
> vacuum it out and it still works to this day.

I pulled about seven acorns out of a customer's multi-CD player once. Of
course I included them in the 'old parts' package I sent back to him. It
was from his garage and he sent it in because it would no longer accept
the cartridges. I figured it would be self-explanatory upon receipt.

From: Whoever on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
>"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Awhile back I came across what seemed a good deal on a Sony
>> multi-disk CD
>> player in a thrift shop for around eight dollars, problem was that it
>> would
>> start to play then go into a stuttering hang up. After opening it to
>> have a
>> look see I found a cat hair (longhair white Persian) that had gotten
>> caught in
>> the gear lube and wrapped around the laser head restricting its
>> travel.
>> Removed it and did a thorough inspection to remove any others as well
>> as
>> vacuum it out and it still works to this day.
>
> I pulled about seven acorns out of a customer's multi-CD player once.
> Of course I included them in the 'old parts' package I sent back to
> him. It was from his garage and he sent it in because it would no
> longer accept the cartridges. I figured it would be self-explanatory
> upon receipt.

::chuckle::

Other than finding dead lizards and mice inside TV's, I think my best
one was finding half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a VHS
VCR. Customer couldn't understand why it wouldn't accept tapes any
more. After cleaning it up, I called them to let them know it was
"ready for pickup". Mom showed up with a little blond haired angel at
her side. When she asked what was wrong with it, I handed her a ziplock
with the sandwich in it and told her it simply needed to have the
previous "tape" removed. She looked at the bag for a moment, then
looked down at her daughter who was beaming up at her with a huge
smile. Always wished I had a picture of that. One of those "priceless"
moments.

--
Don't bother trying to
contact me via email.